Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was up around midnight last night when the update notification hit. Accepted it instantly and regretted it. The sound quality from the stereo is severely degraded. Worse than an AM station. Maybe that's why they pulled it. v 44.2 installed

Last edited:
You'd think they are only used when the Tesla thermometer on the screen goes below 35 or so, no need to use it in warmer temperatures.

I noticed on my car today, a day after putting on 44.2, that the HOLD feature when pressing the brakes wasn't working. I did the 2 button / brake pedal reset and it was fine after that.

44.2 installed this morning without issues. Are the cold mode features activated below a temperature threshold or are they always active?
Installed 44.2 on Thanksgiving evening. No problems to report. I did notice today with the temperatures' slightly warmer today (41F) the charge plug locked like it used to.
Since I installed the update and the temperatures were colder the charging plug would not lock so it does appear to be based on the temperature.

I think the theft issue might be when you are using your UMC while on the road. As long as your HPWC is wired inside your garage, it would be more difficult to steal, although it could happen more easily if your if the HPWC was outside.
Right. What I was asking for clarification on was whether the unlocking behavior had been verified for the UMC or not.

I've noticed that the charger port door doesn't stay open as long with this update. Previously, my routine was: park, open charge port door from touch screen in car, get out and get the cable, plug in. Now, when I do this same activity, the charge port door closes before I can get out of the car and get the cable.

Anyone having issue with phone key unlock???
Me and my wife iPhone were not able to unlock in several occasions
Yes, I've had that happen, as well. Absolutely no issues with my iphone unlocking the car until this update. It only affects the car doors, however, the trunk still functions just fine on unlock. This morning, I had to open my passenger door 3 times to get the car to unlock.

Reactions: spurs10
Yes, I've had that happen, as well. Absolutely no issues with my iphone unlocking the car until this update. It only affects the car doors, however, the trunk still functions just fine on unlock. This morning, I had to open my passenger door 3 times to get the car to unlock.

Same here, and i had to turn off bluetooth and back on, and it works right away. Not sure its IOS issue or car.

I also notice the EAP auto lane change is quite buggy, it cancelled itself while chasing lane several times and shifting the car left and right.

I've noticed that the charger port door doesn't stay open as long with this update. Previously, my routine was: park, open charge port door from touch screen in car, get out and get the cable, plug in. Now, when I do this same activity, the charge port door closes before I can get out of the car and get the cable.
Why not just use the button on the charging cable to open the charge port?

I had a very strange issue happen to me when I was driving home from work yesterday. I got into my car and absolutely no audio or sounds would play, not even the turn signal indicator sound. I wasn't able to get any streaming/radio/bluetooth audio source to load either. I tried rebooting at least two times during my drive home but it did not fix the problem. Finally when I got home I got out of my car and let it lock itself, then when I got back in the car just a minute later everything was back to normal again. I've never experienced this issue before. I'll be submitting a bug report with Tesla. This is on 2018.44.2.

I had a very strange issue happen to me when I was driving home from work yesterday. I got into my car and absolutely no audio or sounds would play, not even the turn signal indicator sound. I wasn't able to get any streaming/radio/bluetooth audio source to load either. I tried rebooting at least two times during my drive home but it did not fix the problem. Finally when I got home I got out of my car and let it lock itself, then when I got back in the car just a minute later everything was back to normal again. I've never experienced this issue before. I'll be submitting a bug report with Tesla. This is on 2018.44.2.

I've had this happen 3 times. One time I called service and we did a power off reset which worked. Other than that it has fixed itself. Maybe I'm being a little passive, but I've just learned to let these things work themselves out. BTW, I'm on 2018.42.3

Reactions: KJD
I wonder if they pulled the 44.2 update? I see a flurry of installs this morning on TeslaFi, had an update notification come through on my phone last night just before midnight CST, but when I tried to install this morning, the prompt is gone from both my phone and the car.

I just had the 44.2 update pushed to my vehicle again. Install went well but I have yet to drive it.

Note that per my router, nothing new was downloaded to my car since Saturday, but I got a push notification on my phone and the update showed up in the app again.