Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the owner menu working for you guys. Mine doesn’t work most of the time unless I restart the system and it works a couple of days and stopped working.

Same with web browser!

I had trouble with that myself until I rebooted the screen, then it worked. I think the owner's manual is really using the web browser to load the pages, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Also just got the notice (after the pulled notice earlier this week). I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger after some of the comments - anyone bolder than me care to share feedback? I live in New England so the cold weather features would probably be beneficial!

I just received 44.2 tonight as well and am having an interesting issue due to the new charge port lock behavior and the fact that my charge port door needs serviced (which is several weeks away).

The door will do this on its own sometimes when I park and open the door. It stops once the car locks or the charge port locks. because I used scheduled charging to warm the battery in the morning, I'll have to make sure to lock the car after plugging in to prevent it from slamming the door on the cable until auto lock kicks in.

I just received 44.2 tonight as well and am having an interesting issue due to the new charge port lock behavior and the fact that my charge port door needs serviced (which is several weeks away).

The door will do this on its own sometimes when I park and open the door. It stops once the car locks or the charge port locks. because I used scheduled charging to warm the battery in the morning, I'll have to make sure to lock the car after plugging in to prevent it from slamming the door on the cable until auto lock kicks in.

So in addition to this, my scheduled charging did not start this morning. This may have been due to me playing around with charging while observing the door though. Does anyone know if this is expected?

- Scheduled charging was set for 4am
- I unplugged and re-plugged in the car a couple of times while observing the door behavior
- I pressed 'start charge' from the app to make sure that it would work (app said that the cable wasnt plugged in properly, but that appears to be a common thing)
- I pressed stop charge from the app to observe the charge port unlock again and to see if the door would start going haywire
- The app still said that charging was scheduled for 4am, but it did not start

I had 44.2 pushed out to my car last week. For some reason, I was pushed 44.2 again today just an hour ago with no obvious changes. Don't minor fixes of an update get designated with a decimal point like 44.2.x? So is today's 44.2 different from last week's? Also, some people report they just got 44.3, which is strange that we seem to be getting different updates at the same time.

I had 44.2 pushed out to my car last week. For some reason, I was pushed 44.2 again today just an hour ago with no obvious changes. Don't minor fixes of an update get designated with a decimal point like 44.2.x? So is today's 44.2 different from last week's? Also, some people report they just got 44.3, which is strange that we seem to be getting different updates at the same time.

Your car almost certainly did not install 44.2 last week. It was pushed, and a ton of cars had it 'un-pushed' before installing. Yes, each update changes the point numbers.

No one on TeslaFi has 44.3. 46.1 is what has just started rolling. It's normal for multiple updates to be rolling out at one time--they are typically testing a later update on a relatively small sample while pushing an earlier update to the fleet at large. See here for current info.

Anyone having issue with phone key unlock???
Me and my wife iPhone were not able to unlock in several occasions
There have been updates to phone operating systems and updates to the Tesla app. The Tesla logo was absent at the top of my android phone. I opened the app and it appeared and stayed on after I closed the app. Sometimes I have had to re-log in to the account again. Computers !

Your car almost certainly did not install 44.2 last week. It was pushed, and a ton of cars had it 'un-pushed' before installing. Yes, each update changes the point numbers.

No one on TeslaFi has 44.3. 46.1 is what has just started rolling. It's normal for multiple updates to be rolling out at one time--they are typically testing a later update on a relatively small sample while pushing an earlier update to the fleet at large. See here for current info.
Well, if I didn't have 44.2 installed last week, what did I have when I had all the cold weather changes working on my car? It wasn't pulled from my car, so why a reinstall?

Hence the 'almost.' If you are certain you actually installed it, then you're seeing a pretty unique scenario here.
Perhaps my getting 44.2 last week was not so unique. About a month ago, I was given the option to get early updates. Actually, until 44.2, I hadn't gotten ANY updates early. I often had to ask my SC to push out an update to me. But in the past 2 weeks, I have spontaneously received 2 software updates, although they seem to share the same version number.

So in addition to this, my scheduled charging did not start this morning. This may have been due to me playing around with charging while observing the door though. Does anyone know if this is expected?

- Scheduled charging was set for 4am
- I unplugged and re-plugged in the car a couple of times while observing the door behavior
- I pressed 'start charge' from the app to make sure that it would work (app said that the cable wasnt plugged in properly, but that appears to be a common thing)
- I pressed stop charge from the app to observe the charge port unlock again and to see if the door would start going haywire
- The app still said that charging was scheduled for 4am, but it did not start
Similar issue here. Got update yesterday morning. I plugged in after I got home from work and the charge port wouldn’t lock. Charge was scheduled for 4:30am but didn’t happen. I tap “start charging” on the app and car would charge despite “cable not plugged in properly” message.

Similar issue here. Got update yesterday morning. I plugged in after I got home from work and the charge port wouldn’t lock. Charge was scheduled for 4:30am but didn’t happen. I tap “start charging” on the app and car would charge despite “cable not plugged in properly” message.

My scheduled charging worked properly this morning after not playing around with the app or charge port. I think it ignores scheduled charging if you start/stop charging from the app

• Helpful
Reactions: eCharcoal
Does it fix the wiggly and drunken vehicles on my display? I was hoping it was just a calibration thing after the 39 patch (which should have been more accurate), but here we are and I still see vehicles sliding across lanes (and through my car). I'm hoping one of these new patches will address it.

At this point, I would assume it was just me but videos on the web convince me otherwise. I swear this was a lot more stable before 39.
44.2 does not fix this