Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also got 48.12.1 last night, about 10 days after I was pushed 46.2.x. The conversation with the wife went something like this:

Me: You're not going anywhere right? There's new software for the car.
Wife: Oh, you're updating the car?
Me: Yeah, this is the one with the fart noises.
Wife: No, seriously what new stuff is there?
Me: I am serious. Fart noises.
Wife: :confused:

I love Tesla.

I also got 48.12.1 last night, about 10 days after I was pushed 46.2.x. The conversation with the wife went something like this:

Me: You're not going anywhere right? There's new software for the car.
Wife: Oh, you're updating the car?
Me: Yeah, this is the one with the fart noises.
Wife: No, seriously what new stuff is there?
Me: I am serious. Fart noises.
Wife: :confused:

I love Tesla.

Should have mentioned the Romance Mode instead!

Haven't received the update on my Model 3 yet and it's in for PPF anyway but will be anxious to get it when I've got it back. Did download it and played with it this morning on our MS, and the fireplace flame on the MS on the 17-inch vertical screen is WILD. AP 2, MCU 1 there and still so crisp and clear. Could see someone in traffic glancing over (you have to be parked for the fireplace to run I think as well as with the driving TeslAtari game) and for a moment at least thinking there's a fire inside your car. Very realistic. Crackling sound of logs is great. Romance playlist can be turned down or kept off, but what's the "mood" without it?! Heat is pretty warm from the vents and the seats got pretty warm as well. Don't know what our fan controls were set to or were adjusted with this running but this morning in the cold Romance Mode was causing our windows to fog LOL. Must be from all that generated romance in the car. Did get a morning kiss dropping of my husband. I think lovers' lane "parking in your car" just got a boost from Tesla.

Here's the fireplace on the MS:

IMG_9597.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: EinSV
Has anyone tried out the USB controller support yet? Thinking of getting this, or this to stick with the retro theme.

Edit: Unrelated, but I just noticed that TMC auto-inserts TMC referral tags into Amazon product links. I didn't put those there. I have no issue with it, just thought it was really interesting.

Can you or anyone else confirm that the first link posted will definitely work with the Model 3? If so I am going to buy right now! Pardon if the question is ignorant, I have never used a USB game controller before.

Can you or anyone else confirm that the first link posted will definitely work with the Model 3? If so I am going to buy right now! Pardon if the question is ignorant, I have never used a USB game controller before.

Ditto. Need to throw it on the Xmas list real quick if it will work!

I ordered it so I should know by Friday, assuming I actually get the 48.12.1 update by then. Seems to be going out really wide today per TeslaFi.

Pole position is hands down the best of the Atari games. <snip> Anyway, the steering is very very sensitive and will take some getting used to but I can see myself playing this regularly whenever I’m waiting in my car.

Using the steering wheel to control games is MUCH easier if you haven’t already driven the car since you sat down in the car. In that case, the power steering pump is off, so you have to turn the wheel pretty hard to get it to move. Really just needs a little pressure to control the games... If you’re trying to use the games after driving, you might be able to get the power steering to shut down by using the main screen to power off the car. (Haven’t tested that yet...)

I do like that they have you use the brake pedal as the gas for Pole Position just in case you accidentally trigger the gear selector somehow. I was plugged into the home charging station when I tried, so no risk of accidentally driving through the garage door. It would chime every time I pressed the brake, but no biggie.

Fun Easter Eggs!

Reactions: Garlan Garner
Gotta be the best update yet.... People just stare at me when I tell them about the fart noises on each seat. Pole Position... for a few fleeting moments while navigating with that BIG steering wheel, I was a kid again.
And the fireplace.... may be too realistic - wondering if those of you in cooler climes might feel a little warmer - turn down the climate control a few notches? Visioning some passerby attacking with an extinguisher.

Anyone notice any AP differences or anything else substantial besides the audio visual stuff?
Having bass back would be a big step forward.

I find AP is in the most polished form of v9 yet. Surround view is less jumpy on Model 3 (it was already pretty nice on my AP2 S). Long distance stopped car encounters seem smoother than before though I’ve only had one commute so far.

Reactions: MacGreiner