Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to be able to browse iPhone playlists over Bluetooth like I could on my base 2013 Nissan.

I would also like the ability to stop the car from spooling up HVAC and audio every time I open a damn door while the car is in my garage, which also fires up the EVSE.

I like that feature. I don't want them to turn that off. My Tesla wall charger does the same thing. I think its great.

That way when I pre-heat my car in the morning...I haven't lost any range.

Reactions: JeffK and emorog
I didn't. The car does it automatically now when done charging to avoid freezing the cable to the port. After the initial charge when I left the car at the airport, it unlocked. Someone removed the cable. I've since lost 11% range and can no longer top off before I return.

Hmmm....I'll have to check that.

I supercharged yesterday evening and I didn't hear the cable unlock. I'll supercharge again today and see what happens.

• Disagree
Reactions: israndy
Hmmm....I'll have to check that.

I supercharged yesterday evening and I didn't hear the cable unlock. I'll supercharge again today and see what happens.

It's a thing, documented elsewhere on the forum. I'm not sure the exact requirements (eg temp below a certain threshold), so you may not be able to check yourself on a particular charge.

At the end of the day I appreciate Tesla's efforts to reduce cold weather annoyances, and the proximate cause of my issue is some dummy removing the cable from a dedicated, paid charging spot in a Tesla-specific section of an airport parking lot, not Tesla's fault. But here we are.

I'll be calling the lot before my flight takes off, and hooefully they can plug me back in.

I like that feature. I don't want them to turn that off. My Tesla wall charger does the same thing. I think its great.

That way when I pre-heat my car in the morning...I haven't lost any range.

I think something was lost in translation here. What I want is the car to ignore me opening a door to get gym shoes out of the back seat so that it doesn’t fire up the radio and HVAC and EVSE for two minutes for no reason.

I want preconditioning to work as it does currently.

This update is finally going to fix the web browser. Sure I say that every update, but one of these times it's going to be true.

When do you even have time to use the browser? Supercharging? Waiting for a hot chick to come out of yoga class?

I know the car has a browser but I don't find myself twiddling my thumbs bored out of my mind and decide to use it for anything.

I think something was lost in translation here. What I want is the car to ignore me opening a door to get gym shoes out of the back seat so that it doesn’t fire up the radio and HVAC and EVSE for two minutes for no reason.

No, I want it to work the way it does now. I don't always remember to start climate control in the car and it's great that if I open the door the car immediately starts warming it up. Kind of a big deal to those of us in colder climates.

Maybe they could have a setting users could toggle this with if it annoys them that much.

No, I want it to work the way it does now. I don't always remember to start climate control in the car and it's great that if I open the door the car immediately starts warming it up. Kind of a big deal to those of us in colder climates.

Maybe they could have a setting users could toggle this with if it annoys them that much.

Yes, what I’d prefer is a toggle with geocaching. When I’m out and about it’s nice to have the car getting the HVAC spooled up while everyone is piling in to a scorching car.

When the car is at home in a 72° garage and I need to grab some trinket from inside the car I don’t need the whole operation blasting off and firing off the EVSE during $0.45/kWh periods. It’s also unnecessary wear on all these systems. Toggle, please!

I didn't. The car does it automatically now when done charging to avoid freezing the cable to the port. After the initial charge when I left the car at the airport, it unlocked. Someone removed the cable. I've since lost 11% range and can no longer top off before I return.

I confused, the charge port now unlocks when it finishes charging? Wouldn't anyone be able to steal your adapter if you are charging on a J1772?

When do you even have time to use the browser? Supercharging? Waiting for a hot chick to come out of yoga class?

I know the car has a browser but I don't find myself twiddling my thumbs bored out of my mind and decide to use it for anything.
There are occasions when I want to use it. And yes, waiting for a hot chick to come out of yoga class is definitely one of them. :D

There are a few useful sites such as Tesla Waze (to get up-to-date information about accidents ahead etc.) or A Better Route Planner.

I really don't understand why it seems to be so difficult to get a web browser to work consistently. For me it usually works a few days after updating the firmware, then it stops working and I have to reset the computer. :rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: emorog

Yes...I understood you correctly.

I want to keep the function that starts the radio and HVAC when I open the door. I like that function. The radio sound is greatly reduced as to not scare your pants off with volume.

I like it.

Although I love your idea of being able to turn this off or not.... the car is starting to turn into my Samsung Note 8 android phone.

There are a billion options and settings in my phone and I can never simply find the option I want because some bozo hid the setting under some obscure/unrelated heading that they selected in the middle of a drinking binge.

How about this option: When the car isn't plugged in to anything and the door is opened - don't startup the radio and HVAC. However when the car is plugged in ....go ahead and turn those options on

That way it doesn't become another screen button - IN MY BUTTONLESS CAR. lol

Although I love your idea of being able to turn this off or not.... the car is starting to turn into my Samsung Note 8 android phone.

There are a billion options and settings in my phone and I can never simply find the option I want because some bozo hid the setting under some obscure/unrelated heading that they selected in the middle of a drinking binge.

How about this option: When the car isn't plugged in to anything and the door is opened - don't startup the radio and HVAC. However when the car is plugged in ....go ahead and turn those options on

That way it doesn't become another screen button - IN MY BUTTONLESS CAR. lol

A better idea is just a "home" geofence that sets some preferences when it's at home. Then you could have it so the car doesn't start, climate control doesn't start, etc., if it's "home". That's pretty easy for them to do if they can get accurate geofencing to work. They are probably worried about fence.

A better idea is just a "home" geofence that sets some preferences when it's at home. Then you could have it so the car doesn't start, climate control doesn't start, etc., if it's "home". That's pretty easy for them to do if they can get accurate geofencing to work. They are probably worried about fence.

I like that idea. The garage door opener in the car is obviously geofenced. They can do the same with the radio and HVAC also.

Why do you think they would be worried about the fence?

Reactions: APotatoGod
Yes, what I’d prefer is a toggle with geocaching. When I’m out and about it’s nice to have the car getting the HVAC spooled up while everyone is piling in to a scorching car.

When the car is at home in a 72° garage and I need to grab some trinket from inside the car I don’t need the whole operation blasting off and firing off the EVSE during $0.45/kWh periods. It’s also unnecessary wear on all these systems. Toggle, please!
Exactly!