Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of us (me) desire to have the car not lock when it's garaged at home. It's kind of annoying to have to unlock the car when, for example, my wife wants to retrieve something left in the car and doesn't have my phone with her.

A "home" geofence mode offers up a lot of things Tesla could do on owner's wishlists;

1. No auto locking when home.
2. Disable automatic climate/radio activation when at home and a door is opened.
3. Unlock charge port after charging complete when the car is at a home location to get rid of the annoyance of having to wait for the car to wake in the morning before you can unplug it.
4. Other stuff I'm probably not thinking of.

Not sure I want my car to never lock when its out in my driveway.

I vote to leave the car as-is and give your wife a Tesla Card...or put the Tesla App on her phone as well.

Not sure I want my car to never lock when its out in my driveway.

I vote to leave the car as-is and give your wife a Tesla Card...or put the Tesla App on her phone as well.
It would be an option to activate "home mode". If you don't want it, don't activate it. I personally would love it. My car sits in a garage and it drives me crazy that I have to have my phone to simply open the car to grab something, and then the AC and radio turn on. A home mode would be a welcomed option, and would not be forced on anyone who doesn't have a use for it. Same as the geofenced home link option. Don't have a garage? Don't use it. No harm to you.

It would be an option to activate "home mode". If you don't want it, don't activate it. I personally would love it. My car sits in a garage and it drives me crazy that I have to have my phone to simply open the car to grab something, and then the AC and radio turn on. A home mode would be a welcomed option, and would not be forced on anyone who doesn't have a use for it. Same as the geofenced home link option. Don't have a garage? Don't use it. No harm to you.

But as I've said before. The Interface is getting crowded. This is supposed to be a very simple streamlined car. Its turning into a Samsung Android phone as far as options are concerned.

If we were to put 10 people in this thread in a room and ask them which single option we want on our Model 3's we would get 15 option suggestions.

I would like to see...

Uncorking of NonP- gimme another 0.5s please!

Netflix/Amazon/YouTube support (fine, just on WiFi!)

FaceTime or Google Hangout calling using internal camera

360 security cam and a parking mode

Remote camera viewing from Tesla app

Better blind spot warning

So did you expect with your post to hijack this thread which is actually supposed to be about the latest release?:) I plead guilty too since I joined in and added my 2 cents.
So how about if everyone sticks now to the OPs thread 2018.50.x?
Since I live in a cold climate hoping to get this update reasonably soon but certainly not critical since my car is garaged overnight.

Reactions: outdoors
I would like to be able to browse iPhone playlists over Bluetooth like I could on my base 2013 Nissan.

I would also like the ability to stop the car from spooling up HVAC and audio every time I open a damn door while the car is in my garage, which also fires up the EVSE.
I noticed my wife's new volo shows you the playlist when playing music over bluetooth too. Model 3 has such primitive music playback :(

A lot of us (me) desire to have the car not lock when it's garaged at home. It's kind of annoying to have to unlock the car when, for example, my wife wants to retrieve something left in the car and doesn't have my phone with her.

A "home" geofence mode offers up a lot of things Tesla could do on owner's wishlists;

2. Disable automatic climate/radio activation when at home and a door is opened.
3. Unlock charge port after charging complete when the car is at a home location to get rid of the annoyance of having to wait for the car to wake in the morning before you can unplug it.
5. Charge End Time!

Exactly this. Also for all of us that have kids, being able to use that massive screen for entertainment as we wait to pick them up or for those who have spouses, would be great to be able to wait in the car as they shop and we watch a movie with the Model 3 surround sound and AC on. Hardware is already there so why not!
This is true, but should be a low priority if it’s even on the to-do list. They should improve every aspect of the car first before adding entertainment values but hey what do I know, they just released emission testing mode out of the blue.

My problem with number 1 is that, occasionally, I have to park in my driveway, and I'd hate to leave the car there and forget that it's not locked.
#2 sounds ok, so long as it all comes on when drive outside of the geofence.
#3 is ok since I only charge in the garage.

But as I've said before. The Interface is getting crowded. This is supposed to be a very simple streamlined car. Its turning into a Samsung Android phone as far as options are concerned.
True, to a point. They could always add a "Home Settings" button that takes you to a screen of option toggles for some of these things. The other possibility is they take all these ideas and implement only on the S and X.

To whom it may concern,

My charge port latch DID NOT release after a full charge today. It was still latched.
It is most likely temperature dependant, how cold was it there?

Another piece of paper for Tesla to keep up with?

Everything sounds simple until you implement it.
I'm sure it would be electronic like the autopilot acceptance.

Reactions: APotatoGod
My problem with number 1 is that, occasionally, I have to park in my driveway, and I'd hate to leave the car there and forget that it's not locked.
#2 sounds ok, so long as it all comes on when drive outside of the geofence.
#3 is ok since I only charge in the garage.

True, to a point. They could always add a "Home Settings" button that takes you to a screen of option toggles for some of these things. The other possibility is they take all these ideas and implement only on the S and X.

It is most likely temperature dependant, how cold was it there?

I'm sure it would be electronic like the autopilot acceptance.

Implement ONLY on the S and X? Really? Why?

Its 38 degrees here.

Reactions: APotatoGod

And you've elaborated exactly why this will never come to fruition. While many of us would love this feature, inevitably someone enables it, parks the car in their driveway, someone is able to steal the car, and then Tesla gets sued or gets bad press.

This is why we can't have nice things.