Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're the ones who said the firmware update was coming. I was expecting it by the end of the year, but that may have been my own optimism. Judging from my first 24 hours with 2018.50, the fix doesn't seem to be there.

A firmware update shouldn't change how the charge port door opens and latches and such.

Your car is supposed to work properly NOW....right now..... However- if you accept their response....more power to ya.

• Disagree
Reactions: APotatoGod
Implement ONLY on the S and X? Really? Why?
Because they cost significantly more than the model 3 and, according to Tesla "Model S is our flagship, premium sedan with more range, acceleration, displays and customization options." Just like the S and the X both have smart preconditioning and the model 3 doesn't. As with every other car brand there are going to be differences between models, I'm just saying that some of these requested features may not be brought to all models.

Its 38 degrees here.
That probably isn't cold enough, I'd expect it would have to be, at least, below 30 degrees F, probably even colder than that.

Because they cost significantly more than the model 3 and, according to Tesla "Model S is our flagship, premium sedan with more range, acceleration, displays and customization options." Just like the S and the X both have smart preconditioning and the model 3 doesn't. As with every other car brand there are going to be differences between models, I'm just saying that some of these requested features may not be brought to all models.

That probably isn't cold enough, I'd expect it would have to be, at least, below 30 degrees F, probably even colder than that.

I understand what you are saying about the flagship concept, however its only software. They wouldn't lose out on any money by providing a software update that included a feature. Especially since the S & X are going to be following in the 3's gui footprint and design.

Lastly - The flagships are going to be incorporating the features of the "non-flagship" model 3. Looks like the shoe is actually turning out to be on the other foot concerning the 3 vs S & X.
The financial flagship is going to be the 3...if it isn't already.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I understand what you are saying about the flagship concept, however its only software. They wouldn't lose out on any money by providing a software update that included a feature.
It might not even be entirely a monetary decision, they may just do it so that there are still differentiating features between the models. Also, there is still the missed opportunity cost of someone not buying an S or X because they can get all the same features in a 3. Maybe not these specifically, but the total of all differences could easily sway someone who has the extra $ to the more expensive model.

It might not even be entirely a monetary decision, they may just do it so that there are still differentiating features between the models. Also, there is still the missed opportunity cost of someone not buying an S or X because they can get all the same features in a 3. Maybe not these specifically, but the total of all differences could easily sway someone who has the extra $ to the more expensive model.

Great points..

There should be a thread created.....What are the differences between the current S & X vs. 3 ( besides the heated steering wheel ).

• Disagree
Reactions: SD_MDL3
Could just be a coincidence but after receiving the 2018.50 update last night I noticed my car pulling to the right this morning on my way to work. I quick google search returned some results saying this was a bug in the past but should have be fixed with a firmware update. I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this after getting this update or maybe it's a mechanical issue with my car and the timing is just a coincidence. Either way probably gonna schedule service for that and a couple other minor issues.

I would like to see...

Uncorking of NonP- gimme another 0.5s please!

Netflix/Amazon/YouTube support (fine, just on WiFi!)

FaceTime or Google Hangout calling using internal camera

360 security cam and a parking mode

Remote camera viewing from Tesla app

Better blind spot warning
I'd be happy if the rear view camera was recording all the time like they did with the front cam.

Could just be a coincidence but after receiving the 2018.50 update last night I noticed my car pulling to the right this morning on my way to work. I quick google search returned some results saying this was a bug in the past but should have be fixed with a firmware update. I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this after getting this update or maybe it's a mechanical issue with my car and the timing is just a coincidence. Either way probably gonna schedule service for that and a couple other minor issues.

Oh yeah...I heard about that.

This was a heavy update. The CPU is in the glovebox - which is on the right side of the car. The service center can unload the previous versions to lighten the load. LOL

JUST KIDDING !!!!! Geesh….don't be so serious everyone. JUST KIDDING !!!!! I put an LOL on it...good greif- I couldn't help myself.

Seriously though. A service call would easily resolve this issue.

So anything else other than keep-climate-on and some possible latching behavior difference in this release? I've been waiting on some firmware update to address my deep sleep issues for a while...

I just left the service center yesterday asking about this (as that was one of the issues I took it in for). The tech told me that it is currently being worked on (and understood to be a problem) and is currently slated for being fixed in firmware version 52.X whenever that is released.

I just got a notification. Have you started the update?

Yeah, should be done any minute now. Lots of 3’s with 2018.50 showing up on TeslaFi now, so it’s likely seeing a broader rollout.

Edit: Update completed after a little over 20 minutes. It is indeed 2018.50. I’ll put it through it’s paces during my morning commute tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoomit