Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, interesting data point for those of you on TeslaFi. When I received 48.12.1 a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the day before the update, my car refused to go to sleep for about 5.5 hours. Nothing I did would make the car sleep, even setting TeslaFi sleep attempts to start after 1 minute of idling. I assumed it was a bug with 46.2 that I was on at the time. Fast forward to yesterday, the car did it again. It idled and refused to sleep for about 5.5 hours. What happens today? Yup, you guessed it, 2018.50 arrives.

So now I think I might at least have about a 24 hour warning when I'm about to get an update, but I haven't had TeslaFi long enough to prove this out. I'm left wondering what the car could possibly be doing the day before that forces it to stay awake. Has anyone else noticed this? Note that when this has happened, the car is sitting idle on LTE, not WiFi. I then can see on my router that the update downloads the next day, minutes before I get the update notification.

Just got this update and can’t charge. Got home from dinner and plugged in and the T logo remains white, I get a “Charging complete” message on the car screen. I’ve done the two scroll wheel and brake hold reset, powered the car off, took the car for a quick ride around the block, tried my other cable that came with the car (I use a CMC at home on 50amp breaker) and no luck. I walked around my car to my wife’s Model S, button press to open the charge port, plug in, latch instantly and charging starts. Then I realize I didn’t have her fob on me so had to go inside and get it, lol...to get the cable to release from her car. Read on M3OC about a delay so have the cable plugged in my car now seeing if it’ll eventually start but so far no luck. Posting here as FYI mainly...I’m not too concerned (yet), but in case anyone else experiences this, please reply and let me know your fix (other than calling support or roadside which I’ll do if I still can’t charge tomorrow).
Thank you all for your time.

2018.50 seems to have fixed the winter-tire limited-regen issue on RWD cars. My car with X-Ice XI3 tires is back to normal regen again.

This wasn't a significant issue for AWD cars or cars using the "performance" winter tires that Tesla sells. But, it was a major pain for those of us with RWD and real winter tires.

.50 7e49f8a

Regen issue corrected with RWD snow tires. Much more linear and less grabby at various speeds.

Last 2000 miles my brake pads were wondering why all the work.:)
This is great news! I'm glad I waded through the several page wishlist to get to the reason I clicked on this thread :p.

I also have the X-Ice XI3 but it was too cold this morning for much regen. Looking forward to testing it in warmer conditions.

Reactions: emorog and outdoors
Just got this update and can’t charge. Got home from dinner and plugged in and the T logo remains white, I get a “Charging complete” message on the car screen. I’ve done the two scroll wheel and brake hold reset, powered the car off, took the car for a quick ride around the block, tried my other cable that came with the car (I use a CMC at home on 50amp breaker) and no luck. I walked around my car to my wife’s Model S, button press to open the charge port, plug in, latch instantly and charging starts. Then I realize I didn’t have her fob on me so had to go inside and get it, lol...to get the cable to release from her car. Read on M3OC about a delay so have the cable plugged in my car now seeing if it’ll eventually start but so far no luck. Posting here as FYI mainly...I’m not too concerned (yet), but in case anyone else experiences this, please reply and let me know your fix (other than calling support or roadside which I’ll do if I still can’t charge tomorrow).
Thank you all for your time.
Ya know what would help? I just got back from vacation and has SOC set to 50%
I’m an idiot...sorry for the panic all.