Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isnt there 150,000 model 3's... so that means there is only 1% sample size.

Better than 0% at least, right? It’s currently the best data we have available to us to give us insight on the deployment rate of a particular version. I don’t use the service myself, I just look on their site occasionally to get an estimate on the fleet deployment of the latest version.

Now could we try to get this thread back on topic?

It seems that the low bass bug is still a sporadic issue for me at least with 2018.50. Very annoying...

Reactions: emorog and outdoors
Just got the update over the weekend. I've now had one failure to unlock the car with my phone (Pixel 2) and two other failures other times where the phone unlock worked but I was then prompted for the keycard. I don't recall the last time I had either failure prior to this update.

Not sure if this is a bug or just a one off but I got FW 50.0 a few days ago and went out for a drive today. I exited my car after parking to go into a store about 50 yards away and my car didn’t auto lock. I had my IPhone X in my possession. I had to lock it manually through the app. Never had that issue with other firmwares.

Not sure if this is a bug or just a one off but I got FW 50.0 a few days ago and went out for a drive today. I exited my car after parking to go into a store about 50 yards away and my car didn’t auto lock. I had my IPhone X in my possession. I had to lock it manually through the app. Never had that issue with other firmwares.

Did you test it to see if the problem repeated itself?

Reactions: emorog
Still on 44....sigh. I want to have a farting car.

The problem with the fart settings is that they go away when you park and come back. That means if you want to set up push-to-fart to fart in a particular seat, everyone in the car can see you set it up. You need to get to the car ahead of them, or sneak it in while they step out of the car, or something.

The problem with the fart settings is that they go away when you park and come back. That means if you want to set up push-to-fart to fart in a particular seat, everyone in the car can see you set it up. You need to get to the car ahead of them, or sneak it in while they step out of the car, or something.

Running to the car to get in first made my mother in law realize something was up. Kind of let the air out early of the joke.:p

1% sample size isn't really reliable at all.
for the most part, statistics assumes indefinitely large population and absolute sample size. For most testing purposes, even 100 would give you a suprisingly good confidence (e.g., imagine you want to reject that coin is at least 60 to 40 unfair, 100 tries is plenty to reject that with a good enough confidence).

The real question usually is not about a size of the sample, but about the sampling technique (i.e., is it truly random). That's by far the most common way to lie with statistics. I.e., to apply a test to a sample collected with a bias.

for the most part, statistics assumes indefinitely large population and absolute sample size. For most testing purposes, even 100 would give you a surprisingly good confidence (e.g., imagine you want to reject that coin is at least 60 to 40 unfair, 100 tries is plenty to reject that with a good enough confidence).

The real question usually is not about a size of the sample, but about the sampling technique (i.e., is it truly random). That's by far the most common way to lie with statistics. I.e., to apply a test to a sample collected with a bias.

Agreed. My issue is people stating that TeslaFi sample is biased because people have to pay for TeslaFi. Unless you can show a correlation of owners paying for TeslaFi to owners getting updates, there is no reason to believe the sample of TeslaFi subscribers would differ to a general sample of all owners as far as who gets updates.

Now, if there was an option to pay for early updates, I could definitely make the case that if someone is willing to pay for TeslaFi, there is a better probability that they would also be willing to pay for the early updates.