Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, rabbit trail indeed but my general theory is that if your house was built after about 1950 and can't fit a Model 3 in the garage, your architect was a moron.

Our home was built in ‘68. Along the way, a previous owner carved out a sun porch from the rear corner of the garage - leaving it no longer deep enough to fit a vehicle. Width is fine, but if I were to park a Model 3 in there, the garage door would have less than 1/2” clearance if I parked the nose against the wall.

Honestly, I’d rather have the sun porch and the car in the driveway. It’s all good.

Some of us in New England are in houses that are old enough to have been around since EVs were popular the first time.

So, in my case, that actually means I have NO garage, sadly. Some of my neighbors have attached "carriage houses" that are too small to hold a modern car in them. It was a design choice for the times.

I think there was a disclaimer about the age of the house. My parents house was built in the early 15th century and has a half mile driveway that can't fit anything wider than a Piaggio Ape (and a scary drive with something that wide) so they need to park in a lot by the street. It's hard to blame the architect for not having the foresight for vehicles 600 years later.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Why isn't there a Sticky thread that list the software updates in order with the notes (maybe the same thread across all Model forums)? Also how to read? 2019 is the year? Is the next number version and then minor/build?

Last edited:
I think they plan to update the table to show any builds that were EAP ("Early Access Program") beta releases only. Like 2019.9 maybe.
Personally, I still have 2019.8.5, and look forward to 2019.12.x
They push out the updates in batches, so many people stay on older releases for a while.

WOW, looks like I get things done (or get others to do) just by complaining.:eek::D

EDIT: Also is the the public release builds? In other words when my 3 gets here I want 2019.12.1 d9eaf40 (unless we get another build release)?
No, you get what you get. It'll be a public release as opposed to EAP. We don't get betas....as a general rule. Those are special case where you have to be invited.
When I picked up mine last year, I happened to get it with the, then current public, release. But it easily could have come with a prior release. However, make sure you have a really solid wifi access in your garage or where ever you plan to 'garage' it. With that you'll automatically get downloads and notification on your smartphone allowing you to chose when you apply it (push it to your car). It may be frustrating at times as people might be talking about a release you don't have and may not get for a week or more.

Last edited: