Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 3 is currently downloading something massive. Been going for several minutes. Probably just maps updates. Hopefully 2019.5.4 is getting downloaded as well though.

56B42DF3-0D9E-438A-BAE7-A70A262DA930.png

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic and Need
My 3 is currently downloading something massive. Been going for several minutes. Probably just maps updates. Hopefully 2019.5.4 is getting downloaded as well though.

OMG. I read your post and checked my Google Wifi. My 3 is also currently downloading something massive! My past 7 days download was like 3 MB a day, today is already much more so far.... is it happening?

Reactions: emorog
OMG. I read your post and checked my Google Wifi. My 3 is also currently downloading something massive! My past 7 days download was like 3 MB a day, today is already much more so far.... is it happening?

Okay how big is the 5.4 update? I don't think I am getting it as it is still downloading and it is huge. Already getting close to 2GB download since it started. Probably map update?

Okay how big is the 5.4 update? I don't think I am getting it as it is still downloading and it is huge. Already getting close to 2GB download since it started. Probably map update?

Yep, looks like it. My Google WiFi shows a 5.3 GB download about an hour ago, so I’m pretty certain it was just a map update. New software updates are typically anywhere from 600 to 800 MB.

• Informative
Reactions: emorog and Need
- mirror auto fold based on location works well
- sentry mode; appears to be working. They need to move the button to the front screen. Currently, it’s a few clicks away and you have to scroll down to access it. Not very convenient.
- blind spot chime, it doesn’t appear to work with this version as well
- dog mode, haven’t tested yet.

My “contact Tesla” error cleared on its own. My charge port did lock up on a supercharger so I had to use the manual pull tab in the trunk. On screen and app unlock buttons didn’t work. Probably unrelated but never had that happen before.

Folks, a friendly reminder - posts saying “I got the update” and “downloading now” are about as useful as.....well, they’re not very useful! If you don’t have any real quality information to add, no need to post.

I suppose this post falls in that “useless” category as well. I’m sorry. ;)

If you want to see the latest software updates that are being rolled out, check TeslaFi’s website. You don’t have to be a member to see their software stats.

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Last edited:
Folks, a friendly reminder - posts saying “I got the update” and “downloading now” are about as useful as.....well, they’re not very useful! If you don’t have any real quality information to add, no need to post.

I suppose this post falls in that “useless” category as well. I’m sorry. ;)

If you want to see the latest software updates that are being rolled out, check TeslaFi’s website. You don’t have to be a member to see their software stats.

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Except of course if they're not on Teslafi, and they don't live in Cali.

It's such a rare even that it's news worthy. Considering the odds of getting this update in Cali are low right, and the odds of getting this update outside of Cali is 1/35th of the odds of someone getting it in Cali.

Someone outside of Cali getting this (that doesn't already have a previous version of sentry mode, or is part of the early access program) would show that it's broken free.

Reactions: Relayer

Let’s be nice. Posting “downloading now” is the TMC variant to “posting Me Too! like some brain dead AOLer”. (to quote Weird Al from It’s All About the Pentiums) :)

I am not in the early access program, but I received 2019.5.3 over the weekend and received 2019.5.4 this morning. It looks like the closing of the trunk no longer sets off the Sentry Mode alarm as it did before. The blind spot chime seems to only go off when you are in the process of changing lanes while a car is in your blind spot. That is what I noticed in 2019.5.3, and it seems the same way in 2019.5.4. I think it should alert you even before starting the lane change.
I was wondering why i'm not hearing the chimes this morning while testing 2019.5.4. I will try again later, hopefully without scaring other cars thinking i'm going to run into them.

I just got last night as soon as i got home ~11:58pm, coming from 2018.50.6. Took about 30mins. VIN0053xx

Reactions: SMAlset