Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Starting to see a trickle of 2019.5.1 reported installs. 2019.5.x is the version with Sentry Mode and Dog Mode. I’m assuming it also includes the blind spot warning chime and geofenced automatic mirror folding that was reported on by a few sites several days back. Anyone get it yet? If so please post shots of the release notes.

Reactions: JBT66
Someone on the Tesla subreddit posted the first part of the release notes in this thread: Software update 2019 5.1 rolling out (NA confirmed) : teslamotors

C9521709-6124-4F7B-B2EE-E4E5F63635FC.jpeg

I haven't received the update and already see a reason to whine. can this be changed to be easier to activate?

Sentry Mode must be enabled each time a driver wants to use the feature by going to Controls > Safety & Security > Sentry Mode.

maybe an option to being always on by default, or a shortcut on the initial panel of the screen?

I realize this is a reasonable add-on and response for the break-in issues, but my bigger desire is that this records parking hit and run incidents. While my Tesla is unmolested, my last car and my wife's car both got hit twice in parking lots (bad parallel parking, people cranking their wheels too early). No notes, just significant bumper/fender damage each time. I'm hoping the shaking of the car which should be more sensitive than someone leaning on it would record. I would track anyone down and pay any amount of money to PI someone and then track them down. Literally, I'd find out where they work, print out signs with pictures and leave them everywhere. It's such a violation, anyways optimistic Sentry mode will at least give me that satisfaction should it happen.

I haven't received the update and already see a reason to whine. can this be changed to be easier to activate?

Sentry Mode must be enabled each time a driver wants to use the feature by going to Controls > Safety & Security > Sentry Mode.

maybe an option to being always on by default, or a shortcut on the initial panel of the screen?

This is likely because it prevents the car from going to sleep, so they want someones implicit acceptance of that fact before parking somewhere that it could drain their battery (my guess).

They should make it able to be turned on remotely via mobile, but if it adds to drain it should not automatically come on.