Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.9.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really regret not creating a youtube channel years ago and getting my free roadster. I guess I regret not buying Tesla stock when it was like $20 a share too.

I'm not jovial or convincing enough for sales.

I don't sell any vitamins or juices. No jewelry, etc. I am decidedly anti-pyramid scheme.

If you went out of your way to get "something" from Tesla, like many did, that's cool. I hope you get it.

But I'm still in the camp of : "just because you qualified for the nebulously-defined beta program, and aren't getting proper updates through it, doesn't mean scheduling service appointments to get the software pushed, then cancelling the appointments isn't kind of a dick move".

Take it up with Tesla, don't negatively effect your fellow Tesla owners because you're a petulant child who doesn't handle not getting their way well.

Reactions: outdoors
I really regret not creating a youtube channel years ago and getting my free roadster. I guess I regret not buying Tesla stock when it was like $20 a share too.

Being among the few who bought 2,000 shares when Tesla IPO'd, I'm a happy camper! I regularly get calls directly from Tesla asking me how I'm going to vote at the next shareholder's meeting. But they never have asked me if I'd like the latest firmware pushed to me! Do you think they are more interested in how I'm going to vote than if I'm satisfied with my current version of firmware? I'm entitled it appears, but only to my stock, not new firmware. So I resolutely wait my turn.:rolleyes:

Being among the few who bought 2,000 shares when Tesla IPO'd, I'm a happy camper! I regularly get calls directly from Tesla asking me how I'm going to vote at the next shareholder's meeting. But they never have asked me if I'd like the latest firmware pushed to me! Do you think they are more interested in how I'm going to vote than if I'm satisfied with my current version of firmware? I'm entitled it appears, but only to my stock, not new firmware. So I resolutely wait my turn.:rolleyes:
My first buy-in was when it was at $150. Sold those at 280 for a nice profit 2 years ago but man, wish I had bet the farm at $150.

I get it. I get antsy myself about getting the cool new toys, but I also completely understand why Tesla doesn't care.

i got mine on saturday.
if you want the update and havent gotten it yet. you schedule a service. the service center always pushes out the updates for vehicles coming in for service. then when u recieve the update just cancel the service. i did this and got it the next day.
well if you like me and referred 38 people one of the rewards were priority beta updates
Wait ... if you're on the early access program why do you find it necessary to create fake service appointments to get the latest updates?

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Wait ... if you're on the early access program why do you find it necessary to create fake service appointments to get the latest updates?
I had a real service appointment to have a camera replaced, but I didn't get the update. Even just now completed a 2000 mile road trip and could have benefited from the charging speed update but still haven't gotten it (yes on WiFi all the time when stopped), though I've noticed on Teslafi a few in Hawaii that have no superchargers even got the update. I even paid for FSD at delivery last year, but apparently am not worthy of EAP even though Elon said we'd get that as a $3000 consolation prize.

How does one schedule the correct "fake" appointment to get the update? I could actually use it in the real world to decrease charging times.

I had a real service appointment to have a camera replaced, but I didn't get the update. Even just now completed a 2000 mile road trip and could have benefited from the charging speed update but still haven't gotten it (yes on WiFi all the time when stopped), though I've noticed on Teslafi a few in Hawaii that have no superchargers even got the update. I even paid for FSD at delivery last year, but apparently am not worthy of EAP even though Elon said we'd get that as a $3000 consolation prize.

How does one schedule the correct "fake" appointment to get the update? I could actually use it in the real world to decrease charging times.

To be fair, I'm not sure many of us even have the faster charging rates yet.

I'm on .8.3 but my battery isn't low enough to test it at a Supercharger yet. Maybe this weekend, when temps will be in the 60s, so that I know lower temps won't hamper the SC or my pack.

There were several articles mentioning firmware 2019.7.11 and above support faster charging on the model 3, no? 2019.8.3 is being rolled out, most people seem to be on this version right now, not sure about model s or x though.

With modern software development, features can be on totally different branches, and a newer release may not actually include certain things in "older" releases.

There were several articles mentioning firmware 2019.7.11 and above support faster charging on the model 3, no? 2019.8.3 is being rolled out, most people seem to be on this version right now, not sure about model s or x though.

I don't recall the articles mentioning "and above", and really how would they know if it isn't in the relase notes, because Supercharger V3 support and other charging speed changes are currently only in 2019.7.11. (At least as far as I have seen.)

When I had my headlight replaced via mobile service, the tech told me that the only way they calibrate the turn-signal blinker speed was by pushing an update, and they specifically did *not* update the car first because they'd just have to do it again.

Sounded wonky to be, but I watched them do it, and voila.... :¯\ _(ツ)_/¯:

Sounds like Tesla needs a drivethru update at the SCs like the complementary chargers...
In the service centers you can connect to the Wifi and it will automatically push the latest update. I waited outside before they opened and connected to the Wifi in Santa Clara. The update appeared soon after. You have to know the password, and I was able to google it.
So theoretically it would be possible to go there after hours and hang out in the Wifi covered area and get the update....

When I had my headlight replaced via mobile service, the tech told me that the only way they calibrate the turn-signal blinker speed was by pushing an update, and they specifically did *not* update the car first because they'd just have to do it again.

Sounded wonky to be, but I watched them do it, and voila.... :¯\ _(ツ)_/¯:
A few months ago I had a camera replaced and they pushed the latest update. Last week when I had another camera replaced, they just reinstalled 2019.5.15 so they don't always update, but they do need to push some kind of reinstall at least with new hardware.