Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know where to find software update “release notes” on M3? On my MS there is a link on about screen but don’t see anywhere in M3 UI.

I’m beginning to think it’s not implemented yet. My dad just got his first software update after taking delivery of a M3 3 days ago, we didn’t see any indication that the software update completed other than a notification on his phone when it completed, and a new software version shown under the car (Tesla T) info page. Unlike the S/X, there doesn’t appear to be a place to find that info, and I didn’t find the car manual on the 15” display either. Tesla called me and told me that they just put the manual in the MyTesla portion of their website, so looks like some of this is an ongoing progress. I’d be willing to bet all this will come soon in an upcoming update and won’t know till suddenly it just pops up.

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 11.20.56 PM.png
2017.48.15 8812942 came down tonight and here is where you can view release notes and more in your MyTesla account.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
That page is out of date and seems to describe only the major updates. they don't seem to update it with each release, or they're behind. (for instance, it references only 2017.48 and not the further third set of release numbers like 2017.48.11 or the new 2017.48.15 that came last night.

I assume, like Model S, software updates will come with in-car release notes soon. I wouldn't rely on that page on MyTesla if you want the very latest.

we picked up on Thursday 29th. No OTA updates as far as I'm aware. Car has 48.11.

so seems slightly later, but i have all the same "missing" features everyone else here has complained about, so i'm not aware of any new functionality in that version.
spoke too soon. Update came in this morning, being installed now. Presumably it's 48.15 that fixes the "charge port door is open" error that others are reporting this morning.

Reactions: kbecks13
That page is out of date and seems to describe only the major updates. they don't seem to update it with each release, or they're behind. (for instance, it references only 2017.48 and not the further third set of release numbers like 2017.48.11 or the new 2017.48.15 that came last night.

Tesla's software versions appear to follow this pattern: <year>.<major version>.<patch level>. From what I've seen on the S, the release notes, they tend to only reflect the major version. Patch updates typically include a line saying "Various improvements", etc. They tend to introduce new features in major version updates, and other bugfixes in the patch.

Reactions: kbecks13
This is supposed to be one of the features to be added with new software update. :)

I’m beginning to think it’s not implemented yet. My dad just got his first software update after taking delivery of a M3 3 days ago, we didn’t see any indication that the software update completed other than a notification on his phone when it completed, and a new software version shown under the car (Tesla T) info page. Unlike the S/X, there doesn’t appear to be a place to find that info, and I didn’t find the car manual on the 15” display either. Tesla called me and told me that they just put the manual in the MyTesla portion of their website, so looks like some of this is an ongoing progress. I’d be willing to bet all this will come soon in an upcoming update and won’t know till suddenly it just pops up.