Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent update, with the car locked I can now unlock the charger plug without an additional step. Maybe I am wrong but I have tried it a couple of times over the course of the evening. Please someone else verify this.

Also my trunk opens on the first try. While the car is waking up on phone key app. Before I had to do a double push of the latch to get it opened. Thank you engineers of Tesla

Yes, as long as the phone key is connected, I can now remove my wall connector by pressing its button without unlocking the car first. The instantaneous trunk unlock responsiveness has been great. Two best parts of the update, in my opinion.

Reactions: cellogig
Yes, as long as the phone key is connected, I can now remove my wall connector by pressing its button without unlocking the car first. The instantaneous trunk unlock responsiveness has been great. Two best parts of the update, in my opinion.
Thank you!!!!
I just unplugged my charger without opening my trunk first also again and it worked

Yeah!!!’ I agree

thank u Tesla

My experience with the HPWC release is that the car has to be awake in order to release. In the morning I still have to ever so slightly push the rear door handle in to wake the car up (not enough to pop the door or lower the window) and then the charger icon lights up and I can release the connector....

My experience with the HPWC release is that the car has to be awake in order to release. In the morning I still have to ever so slightly push the rear door handle in to wake the car up (not enough to pop the door or lower the window) and then the charger icon lights up and I can release the connector....

Agreed, I cannot release the charger handle without unlocking the car, this has been the case since day one. I also cannot open the charge port door without unlocking the car (pressing the charge handle button when the car is locked does nothing).

Both of these behaviors continue, and are no different with this latest software version (18.3).

Agreed, I cannot release the charger handle without unlocking the car, this has been the case since day one. I also cannot open the charge port door without unlocking the car (pressing the charge handle button when the car is locked does nothing).

Both of these behaviors continue, and are no different with this latest software version (18.3).

Yes, but the car used to unlock when I walked up to it. Since they can unlock the car automatically when you press the door handle or trunk release with the phone key connected, it seems like they should be able to unlock the car when you press the charger button.

Yes, but the car used to unlock when I walked up to it. Since they can unlock the car automatically when you press the door handle or trunk release with the phone key connected, it seems like they should be able to unlock the car when you press the charger button.

Yes, exactly, and I agree. But some people are saying they are seeing the behavior you describe in this current software version 18.3, but I see no such behavior.

DD6143C8-B519-4E3C-971B-6BBE54D27B2D.jpeg

Had daily software install failure for past week. Tesla called me out of the blue and said they'll need a few hours sometime to remotely format the disk in the car..
Interesting experience so far
Yeah, I was having this issue and took my car to Fremont SC Monday. They were about to replace my on-board computer but engineering figured out a way to successfully update the firmware. Did not ask specifically what they did, but this might be it.

• Informative
Reactions: gaswalla
Had daily software install failure for past week. Tesla called me out of the blue and said they'll need a few hours sometime to remotely format the disk in the car..
Interesting experience so far
I've had a similar issue. I'm down to 5 failed updates now. They called me Friday even though I brought it up previously and went into a Tesla Store on Thursday. They were supposed to reformat the SD card on Saturday but now they say this is going to happen on Tuesday. I was told it should only take up to an hour for it to reformat.

• Informative
Reactions: gaswalla