Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would not surprise me too much if "minor improvements" or "minor bug fixes" in software resulted in noticeable improvements in EAP handling. I need to get out today and see how it feels with 32.2.
I agree. I think I read on TMC somewhere earlier this year that a major improvement in EAP came on a update which only listed "minor improvements." I think sometimes these upgrades are, indeed, minor, and sometimes they make a dramatic difference in how something works. I think they only announce new, additional features in the release notes.

BTW, it's August. Weren't they promising the first features for the FSD package to come out this month? I didn't pay for FSD, but I'm anxious to learn what these new features are, and how well people find them to work. If they introduce features I want badly enough I could upgrade.
They were, but I think it got amended somewhat. The initial release is going to their outside Beta testers this month, and then wide release next month, assuming no major problems found during the testing.

it's probably a placebo effect, lol

I would imagine any improvements in autopilot would be a big thing to celebrate, rather than "minor improvements" as indicated on the screen. it's so minor, they don't even list any specs (only previous update descriptions).

brake/accel transitions is affected from regen braking adjustments. my passengers were getting carsick from standard, so i set it to low. after using it for awhile then going back to standard, even I can't stand the aggressive automatic braking. it's much more comfortable and worth whatever mileage lost from regenerative braking.

my app experience is unchanged with new firmware. summon still sucks (never had an issue with other stuff like horn, lock, lights)
They have been minor adjustments in the EAP that started in 24.x Certainly there were some major ones, but the lane change, merge over and speed up/slow down pace was definitely made more, human.

... I think they only announce new, additional features in the release notes.

Yes. I think the release notes only announce new features, not improvements in old ones.

I went for a drive today, to the more distant supermarket for an excuse to drive. This could easily be my imagination, but it seemed to me there was a slight improvement in braking when approaching stopped cars at a traffic light, and in accelerating when they move again. But if so, the improvement is slight. I still don't like it. Not yet smooth enough on the braking or quick enough to resume motion.

However, my main use of AP is on the freeway, and there it really shines. Or I use it between traffic lights and disengage it to stop and resume myself.

Just installed 32.2 last night and saw a small issue.

On the on-screen vehicle showing the brake light. My left brake light is "dim" compared to the right. I did a reboot and it still didn't fix this issue. If I turn on the parking lights they light up just fine. I think it's software related and will contact service later today.

View attachment 328449

Mine shows the same. Virtual left brake light broken o_O

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
32.2 and my iPhone Bluetooth still has occasional connection issues.

Used to be half or more if my calls and now it's occasional.

E.g. when I make a call from the touchscreen it fails to connect to Bluetooth and goes directly to my phone, which also doesn't work unless I select speakerphone on my iPhone.

I went from 28.2 to 32.2 and now phone unlock is way too slow to detect my proximity. Used to work 100% of the time (iPhone X) and now about half the time I walk up to my car and try to open the door it's still locked. Pretty huge regression for me. :(