Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have any coating on windshield?

My wipers "judder" (or chatter) and I don't have any coating other than whatever came from the factory. Are you saying we should or we shouldn't have a coating applied to help with this?

It could be my imagination, but it does seem like various software revs have changed this behavior (for better, then back to worse). If I was using manual wipers, I would simply let more water build on the windshield, but as @wtwieder said, they still chatter even with a fairly significant amount of water on the windshield.

My wipers "judder" (or chatter) and I don't have any coating other than whatever came from the factory. Are you saying we should or we shouldn't have a coating applied to help with this?

It could be my imagination, but it does seem like various software revs have changed this behavior (for better, then back to worse). If I was using manual wipers, I would simply let more water build on the windshield, but as @wtwieder said, they still chatter even with a fairly significant amount of water on the windshield.
I don’t know if there is a right answer lol. This topic has come up before. I have a coating and if it’s a really light rain I get a couple of jitters...I’d thought that the water beading so quickly left too much dry space. After a couple of minutes it smooths out. On older cars you could adjust the tension but I don’t know if that’s possible with these wipers.

I have the judder too, but have assumed it was just new car and blades take some time to break in

I am surprised that I haven't heard more about the wiper stutter. We had one more rain storm after I got the car in March, no rain since but my wipers sure stuttered then. Worried it won't me a new car thing when we finally get rain in the next month or so.

-Randy

Where can I find what the most updated software version is? I just took delivery on Wednesday and got my first notice that there is a software update ready today. Thanks!
Unfortunately there is no "latest update" as Tesla tends to roll out in waves. The latest I know of is 34.1 but there may be newer ones. The 34 represents the week of the year that the software was completed but release may take another couple of weeks and certainly doesn't go out to the entire fleet.

I finally got my wifi sorted in my garage. Does the model 3 have to be awake in order for it to download updates? I’m on .24 since the first attempt failed so I want to try to get this updated. I got the car on Friday.

I also don’t have the free EAP trial either. How do I make that kick in?