Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got my wifi sorted in my garage. Does the model 3 have to be awake in order for it to download updates? I’m on .24 since the first attempt failed so I want to try to get this updated. I got the car on Friday.

I also don’t have the free EAP trial either. How do I make that kick in?
It only took about 15 minutes after getting on strong WIFI to get upgraded to 34.1... I was also on 24.1 from the factory

My car just prompted for software update... installed it and still on 34.1... is this normal for the updates?
I had 34.1 pushed out to me by my SC. Later that night, 34.1 was updated again, but still 34.1 afterwards. I called the SC, and they said that version number won't change if they are fixing bugs found immediately in the first release.

I didn’t notice anything other than the larger battery icon. I wish they’d give a better description other than “minor improvements and bug fixes”. Wouldn’t be hard to do.

I don’t think that’s how software updates work though. Don’t Apple and various other companies (especially who update apps) use the vague “various bug fixes” line on almost all of their updates?

I don’t pay that much attention, maybe I am asking for a bit much. I would just like a little less vague. Completely different realm but when I download an update on almost all of my PC games, they at the very least breakdown general areas of improvement.

36.2 just dropped for me...
-Heading Up setting finally stays after exiting and returning to my car, before it kept reverting to North Up
-Left Light no longer dim
-Battery icon slightly larger

These could just be me... but I would mention it
-AP seems to be detecting the lanes quicker (I drive the same path to lunch and now notice that the lines pretty much appear bolder and more reflect the road much faster)
-UI appears to be less laggy, when I turn its smoother for the map to follow... prior would be a little 'twitchy'

36.2 just dropped for me...
-Heading Up setting finally stays after exiting and returning to my car, before it kept reverting to North Up

*** if this is true, YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES *****
-Left Light no longer dim
-Battery icon slightly larger

These could just be me... but I would mention it
-AP seems to be detecting the lanes quicker (I drive the same path to lunch and now notice that the lines pretty much appear bolder and more reflect the road much faster)
-UI appears to be less laggy, when I turn its smoother for the map to follow... prior would be a little 'twitchy'

Couple points

Yes seems the battery gauge itself is bigger. Not really sure how I feel about that it wasn’t really necessary

2nd. The clock and the temperature font seem to be either ever so slightly larger or they are slightly bolded. They seem just a tad more pronounced.

AP seems to be slightly smoother and Kane changes seem to initiate just a tad quicker?

Using the wheel to dis-engage AP seems to require a bit more force.