Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you seeing any Model 3's at all on 39.6? I've been monitoring TeslaFi pretty heavily since 39.6 started rolling out and I didn't see a single 3 with 39.6 installed. All I saw was the 5 with 39.5 and 4 with 39.4 (now down to 3, but my guess is that the 4th vehicle there dropped out of TeslaFi reporting).

I also haven't seen any evidence of downgrading from S&X either, but I haven't really been following that closely.

Is there somewhere else to look?

I didn't see any Model 3's with 39.6, but I did see 2 under the "Latest Fleet Updates" where the update was to roll it back to 36.2.

I'm not a subscriber to Teslafi so I don't have access to the complete log. The above event happened yesterday, and is no longer under the fleet updates.

Where are you seeing any Model 3's at all on 39.6? I've been monitoring TeslaFi pretty heavily since 39.6 started rolling out and I didn't see a single 3 with 39.6 installed. All I saw was the 5 with 39.5 and 4 with 39.4 (now down to 3, but my guess is that the 4th vehicle there dropped out of TeslaFi reporting).

I also haven't seen any evidence of downgrading from S&X either, but I haven't really been following that closely.

Is there somewhere else to look?

If you click on "Latest Fleet Updates" you can see the recent history of updates and the previous version. I saw two M3 that were downgraded from 39.6 to 36.2 (although no 3 ever showed up as installing 39.6).

I'm not sure what to make of it. My only guess is that the cars were at a SC where they tried to install 39.6, failed and reverted to 36.2. The strange thing is the two downgrades happened within an hour of each other and one was in Texas with the other in Washington.

If you click on "Latest Fleet Updates" you can see the recent history of updates and the previous version. I saw two M3 that were downgraded from 39.6 to 36.2 (although no 3 ever showed up as installing 39.6).

I'm not sure what to make of it. My only guess is that the cars were at a SC where they tried to install 39.6, failed and reverted to 36.2. The strange thing is the two downgrades happened within an hour of each other and one was in Texas with the other in Washington.

Okay, here is what you guys are talking about I think (left version is "new" version, right one is "previous"):

upload_2018-10-8_11-45-26.png

The one in Washington is a 220D (i.e. SR AWD)? I have to call that an anomaly of some kind, so not really sure what to make of this. At the very best this is definitely a test car of some kind, although it's quite surprising that Tesla would have signed it for TeslaFi. And the Texas entry was immediately before that one. I'm guessing that both of these cars are not "normal" cars!

\Well here's some more data mining...here is the update history for the Texas vehicle:

upload_2018-10-8_11-51-8.png

I guess the odd thing here is that this vehicle has apparently been on TeslaFi since 10/18/17 yet only has 2,275 miles on it?

The Washington one (a.k.a the one I would really like to know more about!) appears to not be found in the current list of 36.2 vehicles (maybe it went to a different version--I'll keep looking--or maybe they wisely dropped it from the TeslaFi firmware display)

My guess is Model3220D is just user error (I haven't tried putting in a different model to see what happens).

I think it must be user error. TeslaFi does not double check to make sure you have selected the right car. After I sold my S I let my subscription lapse, then I reactivated it after I got my 3. I had to figure out how to change the type of car from S to 3, but before I did TeslaFi tracked and showed information from the 3 without a problem.

Ah, okay...I thought it was reading option codes or something.

At any rate, the Texas car alone is pretty suspicious (multiple updates over a 1-2 day period) and very low miles, and the Washington car that supposedly downgraded at almost the exact same time and then disappeared altogether. My money is on test vehicle or anomaly of some sort.

I think it must be user error. TeslaFi does not double check to make sure you have selected the right car. After I sold my S I let my subscription lapse, then I reactivated it after I got my 3. I had to figure out how to change the type of car from S to 3, but before I did TeslaFi tracked and showed information from the 3 without a problem.

Out of curiosity, what happens with the difference of efficiency and range? If you charged to 100% - did it show 310 or the range for the S?

were you guys notified on your phone, or did you go to the car to see if update was ready?

My phone app actually alerted me

Screenshot_20181009_063942.jpg

A couple more things I noticed,

Speed test

IMG_20181009_061654.jpg

360 surround makes your car dinky but pretty cool how it identifies people and different size vehicles. I also noticed that autopilot really tries to identify lanes now on surface streets! On the same street where the middle divider planter would be on the left, previous fw would just show proximity bumps, with only lane marker on right side. Now my car avatar is actually in a lane.

IMG_20181009_060506.jpg

Facebook identified Tesla browser as a Model S :rolleyes: (and got the location way off)

Screenshot_20181009_062458.jpg

Just had to verify streaming and games (at least Facebook games) do not work natively.

IMG_20181009_062009.jpg

IMG_20181009_062635.jpg