Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair warning, I have no idea if what I did had any affect on anything, BUT...

I live only 3 miles from a service center. On a lark, and based on some unsubstantiated internet rumors, I stopped into the parking lot and connected to the service department's WiFi while I was out running an errand. Low and behold, I got my alarm clock back 5 minutes later! Car is happily installing now and marriage is saved ;)
I tried this yesterday. No joy for me. :/ On the upside, I spent the time doing a detail of the car, so at least it's really clean...

BC0E68E2-680A-4418-A727-5B451D053940.jpeg
FINALLY!

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
Had 39.7 for a week, started out great but for the last 3 days no EAP, autodimming headlights or auto wipers. Waiting on Tesla for next step. Tried all the usual reboots and screen refresh. Sometimes fixes it but for the next drive only.

Anyone else randomly losing EAP functionality, auto headlights and auto wipers? It's gotten to the point now where I'm surprised when any of them work.
No word from Tesla so I finally called again and I was told they have no idea what the problem is. Scheduled service.

Same here— happened on Saturday morning. It wouldn’t “update” or finish so I ended up rebooting. Car drives fine, though efficiency seems modestly worse.

I noticed this too, I think it's a minor display bug. After that installation last week, the autopilot page went back to the original non EAP page. After the trial that page showed an order form with the gear being the non EAP options.

I'm running on 2018.39.7 and I noticed that when I'm sitting at a traffic light on a 2-3 lane road, the other cars around me keep moving (both forward/back as well as left/right) quite a bit, even though everyone is stationary. This happens both during the day and night...i.e. doesn't seem to depend on lighting. Are others seeing similar results on the M3's screen?

I'm running on 2018.39.7 and I noticed that when I'm sitting at a traffic light on a 2-3 lane road, the other cars around me keep moving (both forward/back as well as left/right) quite a bit, even though everyone is stationary. This happens both during the day and night...i.e. doesn't seem to depend on lighting. Are others seeing similar results on the M3's screen?

Yes. Happening to everyone on this version.

Reactions: windgrins
During these times, the cars sometimes move left/right so much that they wind up "hitting" my car. This behavior seems strange, since Tesla has ultrasonic sensors, which are supposed to know how far an object is, which leads me to believe that the cars shown on the screen are derived from cameras alone (w/o the help of ultrasonic sensors)

During these times, the cars sometimes move left/right so much that they wind up "hitting" my car. This behavior seems strange, since Tesla has ultrasonic sensors, which are supposed to know how far an object is, which leads me to believe that the cars shown on the screen are derived from cameras alone (w/o the help of ultrasonic sensors)

I think the camera story is what is occurring. It may also process the ultrasonics if it thinks things are too close from the camera and move them back. Without insight into the algorithm, it isn't obvious why this is occurring.