Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird it's been like a week with 42.3 and no NoA yet.

Have you called the SC yet?

I received the 42.3 update 15 minutes before leaving on a trip. At the end of the update I received a message that cameras were calibrated and NoA would be available. After enabling NoA in settings, I entered the Nav address and the NoA button appeared in the Turn List. I used it during the entire trip.

Last edited:
New to TMC. I received my Model 3 on June 6th and was sideswiped on June 9th.:mad: Due to parts issue, I only received her back last week ( 4 months )! Car was disabled in body shop and did perform one update when I received her back. I received a message in my inbox regarding V9.0, but have yet to receive it. Currently sitting at 2018.36.2. I have had the car for a week now and always connected, but I have not received the update everyone is talking about. Is it possible I have fallen too far behind due to being disabled for a couple months? Any hep would be appreciated. Really happy to have her back!!!:)

Update on problem. I contacted TESLA support and they were unable to access the car remotely. They informed me that the issue is that the car has lost connectivity and requires a Service visit. I asked for a Ranger, but was told it had to be done at dealer on Tesla's WiFi network. Will keep everyone posted.

I just got an update for 42.2.1 from 42.2...this is the first time I heard of it, anyone know what it is?
Hi Zemaker. I had an issue that my car could not get past update 36.2. I contacted TESLA and they told me the car's firmware was blocked and would need a Service center visit. Then I received a call from local dealer and he was able to force update through. I received V42.4 and the new features of V9 are great compared to V8. My only issue is that I do not have the summon feature showing up in Autopilot. The tech said they will look into it and get back to me.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaroque
Hi Zemaker. I had an issue that my car could not get past update 36.2. I contacted TESLA and they told me the car's firmware was blocked and would need a Service center visit. Then I received a call from local dealer and he was able to force update through. I received V42.4 and the new features of V9 are great compared to V8. My only issue is that I do not have the summon feature showing up in Autopilot. The tech said they will look into it and get back to me.

Canada doesn't get the Summon yet.... Not until Key fob is issued...

Reactions: PM013
Canada doesn't get the Summon yet.... Not until Key fob is issued...

Fob is being sold at tesla.com (though I think the first batch sold out.

Thing is it doesn't appear to do summon.

Or passive entry.

It's $150 for something that is basically they free key card but works at a distance (I suppose it has the bonus of opening the frunk a little easier if that's worth $150 to you)

Reactions: PM013
Thanks for info. Strange that TESLA tech in Montreal seems surprised Summon was not there after update without mentioning FOB. I also think that paying $6600 CAD for EAP should include features without having to buy a FOB. He is supposed to call me back today, so I will certainly post his answer.

How do you go about contacting Tesla for this? I have a similar issue I think (still on 36.2) and when I called the service number, I followed the prompts and was told the wait time was over an hour... I don't have an hour to sit on hold and wait to talk to someone! I hope they get more service people ramped up to match the number of cars they're putting out.

EDIT: I'll also add I used the "Ask a question" feature from my account on Wednesday, and never got a response. :(

Update: waited on the phone for about an hour for them to tell me that because my Wifi signal is weak in my apartment, updates had failed and I need a service center visit. He also told me they're hiring 200 more people to staff the call center, so hopefully that will help with the hold times!

Yay, 200 more people that will give you wrong information. ;)