TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Software Version 2018.26.x has lock confirmation sounds

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by PoitNarf, Jul 18, 2018.

1. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I know this was a feature request by some here. It looks like Tesla has listened. According to greentheonly on the Tesla subreddit, 2018.26 Software Megathread • r/teslamotors, the release notes for 2018.26 contain this release note text for the Model 3:

Lock Confirmation Sound

Model 3 is now able to emit confirmation sounds when locked, unlocked, or if there is a mislock (for example, if a door is not fully closed). To enable this feature, tap Controls -> Locks -> Settings -> Lock Confirmation Sound.
    greentheonly has been known to somehow get a hold of the actual raw software download and able to grab out the release note text from it. He or she was able to grab the full Model 3 release notes for the 2018.24.x version before anyone else even had a screenshot, so I take them as a reliable source.

Currently no known Model 3's in the wild have any version of 2018.26.x currently installed.

• Informative x 11
    • Like x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  2. PoitNarf

And someone else posted this in that same thread, 2018.26 Software Megathread • r/teslamotors, on the Tesla subreddit:

Model 3 : 2016.26 fixes a bluetooth phone call echo problem, map rendering fixed, smoother EAP, USB root exploit patched, CAN bus root exploit patched, WiFi SSID scan issue fixed, Slacker and podcast song pause issue fixed. Summon issues fixed relating to backing out of very tight spaces ( no sudden steering ). Add feature to use horn to signal lock/unlock/failed lock of doors.
    I'm not familiar with the poster, martinbogo, and don't know what their source for this info is, but these would be welcome fixes as well.

• Informative x 6
    • Helpful x 1
  3. xav-

xav- Active Member

Great... now all I have to do is take my model 3 to the SC for an imaginary issue. That seems to be the only way i get these updates

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
  4. PoitNarf

Heh, I'd wait until we have at least a handful of reported installs of this version. As I mentioned above it seems that no Model 3 in the wild has 2018.26.x yet. The latest version available publicly for the Model 3 at the moment is 2018.24.8.

5. krettig

krettig Member

Teslafi.com firmware tracker shows 4 Model 3's have installed 2018.24.8 25f83c2 today.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

I'm just going to pretend this is my ICE and I'm never getting firmware updates. might make the wait a bit easier.

• Funny x 9
    • Like x 2
  7. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Is there any difference between 24.8 v 24.7 besides the week that you got the update?

8. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

Kinda interesting to learn that there are internal release notes that details all of the stability fixes. Wish those could be part of the public notes too, though I totally get that that kind of info only appeals to the technogeeks.

9. noicepls

noicepls Member

I hope this horn sound is a quick "chirp" and not a heavy handed horn blast like all those minivans in the parking lot that love scaring the hell out of people walking by!

• Like x 9
    • Funny x 1
  10. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

Gosh, it’d be nice not to still have 21.9.

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  11. PoitNarf

My guess is that it's a very quick beep of the horn. My Mustang did this if I double tapped the lock button on the fob, not very loud at all.

12. lupend88

lupend88 Member

I'm very excited for this. I'm always paranoid that my car locks and now I wont have to continue to stare at it while I walk away, waiting for the windows to fold.

• Like x 5
  13. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

You could also use the app to make sure it's locked.

14. LonestarV

LonestarV Member

Now THIS is a new feature I've got to see. :)

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
  15. GuyDude

GuyDude Member

I'm also wondering what the difference is. i'm on 24.7

16. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

But are those notes really in the firmware, or does that person have another source for the information they shared?

17. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Having the audible is excellent news (I had posted a request for it here). But honestly I would love for this community to be more predictably influential over enhancements. I really wish someone with the technical know-how would create a site or database that this community could add suggested enhancements and vote them up or down. That way next time Tesla is feeling charitable with the user community, they wouldn't have to go further than the top of the said list!

• Like x 9
  18. lupend88

lupend88 Member

It doesn't satisfy my OCD haha I just feel better watching the mirrors fold

Oh goodness, pardon my sleep deprived post! Who knows maybe one day :D

• Like x 1
  19. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Honestly its probably just bug fixes on the features added in 24. At this point I'm ok with leapfrogging 24 (I'm on 21.9) to this 26 version.

• Like x 2
  20. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I know what you mean. I check for the windows to fold as I walk away and then I go into the app to double check to make sure it didn't unlock itself.

• Like x 2