Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Version 2018.26.x has lock confirmation sounds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got update last night Finally!

No update goodness for me still. I'm wondering if a reboot will force it to look to see if an update is available? Not sure how often the Model 3 checks for an updated version. Maybe the update process on my Model 3 is hung or something, who the hell knows. Gonna try a reboot when I get home even though I suspect it may do absolutely nothing to speed up my forever waiting.

I still have 2018.20.11. I've called Tesla roadside assistance about 3 weeks ago for some warnings that would pop-up. They told me these were known issues with my version and that I should get updated in the next 1 - 2 days or a week at the longest. That was two weeks ago. Still nothing. Roadside had me reboot the entire car (not just the screen) to get the errors to go away.

I guess I will need to call again tomorrow.

So, since I just got 26.x, I was poking around the settings in autopilot and saw what I think was a new setting "auto lane change". It was disabled, so I turned it on. I tried googling what it is, but all the hits were the lane changes that the driver initiates? I'm thinking this is a new setting because it was disabled, and I use the driver initiated lane changes all the time? Hmmm, now that I type this, we were in a different profile. Is that setting stored in profile? If so, false alarm.....

So, since I just got 26.x, I was poking around the settings in autopilot and saw what I think was a new setting "auto lane change". It was disabled, so I turned it on. I tried googling what it is, but all the hits were the lane changes that the driver initiates? I'm thinking this is a new setting because it was disabled, and I use the driver initiated lane changes all the time? Hmmm, now that I type this, we were in a different profile. Is that setting stored in profile? If so, false alarm.....
Whenever you create a new profile, Auto Lane Change is disabled. It's kind of annoying. The other AP settings carry over. It's part of my routine for setting up a profile for test drives (friend and family) to turn ALC back on. :|

I called my local service center yesterday and they initiated the 2018.26.3 push to my car, and it was complete within the hour.
I called them because a Tesla rep suggested that I do, being quite surprised that I hadn't received any firmware updates since June 9th!

Got my car back from the service centre and it had 2018.26.3 installed. The audio confirmation of the car locking is great, but I wish they had an option not to have it honk or even better not lock when the car is in my garage.

Reactions: alfadur
Got my car back from the service centre and it had 2018.26.3 installed. The audio confirmation of the car locking is great, but I wish they had an option not to have it honk or even better not lock when the car is in my garage.
I totally agree with this. Having my car locked in the garage is annoying-- I can't even unplug the car in my garage without having my phone/key with me. It would be great if it had an option to stay unlocked when parked in the garage.

Reactions: Falkirk
I totally agree with this. Having my car locked in the garage is annoying-- I can't even unplug the car in my garage without having my phone/key with me. It would be great if it had an option to stay unlocked when parked in the garage.

Yeah, I don't mind the workflow of having to manually lock my car. I think you could use the phone key for unlock just as it does now, but then having an easy way to lock the car (i.e. by pushing a button on the handle) would be a nice option. Sometimes I am unloading the car with my family after a trip and then the car may lock itself as I walk into the house but others are still outside... (note that I don't want to have to pull the app out every time to lock the car - frankly, the button on the door handle method + fob key in pocket that you find on most modern cars is not too bad - though the phone instead of fob is nice)

Like everything else on a Tesla you can turn it off if you don't want to use it. I'm perfectly fine with a honk. As a side note, the car already does flash when it locks.

As a very new owner of a Tesla 3 (and loving it) I would like to turn off the honk when the car locks. My carport is right next to the neighbour’s bedroom and I know this sound will become a problem. Can anyone tell me how to turn it off please?

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
Meh. As long as there is a way of turning off the chirp I'm fine. I've been using the keycard from day one. When locking I watch the mirrors fold and then I walk away. Don't have to look back as I leave. Don't have to worry about the car unlocking if my phone gets within range.
14 1/2 month update: I've switched over to using a phone AND a fob; I carry both. If the door doesn't unlock for me automatically, then I use the fob. That hasn't happened too many times over the last 11 months or so but I've just changed phones and the new one has been a little flaky (a couple of times the Tesla app reported as not working and I had to re-install). I now do not fold the mirrors and instead listen for the beep as I walk away. The noise of my car honking is quieter than the yappy dog next door.

I'm still waiting for control over the auto-dimming mirrors; like them without tint at night. Still waiting for CHAdeMO support. Still waiting for a fob. NOT waiting anymore for my car :) .
2 out of three wishes have been satisfied. Still waiting for a button/option to defeat the auto-dimming function.