Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software version 2019.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems very minor for such a huge version jump. I wonder if this is some kind of pre-v10 prep with v10 shadow mode.

Attachments

• 76F02282-BDB0-4A26-A4B0-A37B21B7B0BE.jpeg
    76F02282-BDB0-4A26-A4B0-A37B21B7B0BE.jpeg
    443.6 KB · Views: 544
Just got this also. No idea what the status bar ‘new’ feature means, and how that is different from what we always had (the alarm clock or whatever).

It says ‘goes to the Software page for additional details about the update’. (As you can see above, slight paraphrase). Wonder if it really means we can finally see release number and notes before loading? Have to wait and see. And yeah maybe that’s part of 10?

Reactions: Deraillor
Just got this also. No idea what the status bar ‘new’ feature means, and how that is different from what we always had (the alarm clock or whatever).

It says ‘goes to the Software page for additional details about the update’. (As you can see above, slight paraphrase). Wonder if it really means we can finally see release number and notes before loading? Have to wait and see. And yeah maybe that’s part of 10?
It’s for those of us who don’t have WiFi but need to tether. Having this means we don’t need to open up the Software Updates page periodically to see whether or not there’s a pending update waiting for WiFi to download. It would simply show that on the status bar.

I definitely appreciate it. We’ve gone from obsessively tethering and looking for download traffic to obsessively checking the update pane.... to now obsessively looking at the status bar.

And in all seriousness: during an initial rollout if you don’t install a pending update relatively quickly, the mothership will pull it. Many times I’ve returned from vacation to see a pending update (from intermittent underground LTE) and it goes POOF as soon as I return the car to more stable internet connectivity. Grrrrr.

It’s for those of us who don’t have WiFi but need to tether. Having this means we don’t need to open up the Software Updates page periodically to see whether or not there’s a pending update waiting for WiFi to download. It would simply show that on the status bar.

I definitely appreciate it. We’ve gone from obsessively tethering and looking for download traffic to obsessively checking the update pane.... to now obsessively looking at the status bar.

And in all seriousness: during an initial rollout if you don’t install a pending update relatively quickly, the mothership will pull it. Many times I’ve returned from vacation to see a pending update (from intermittent underground LTE) and it goes POOF as soon as I return the car to more stable internet connectivity. Grrrrr.
Gotcha, not the ‘downloaded update waiting’ but the ‘come get the update’ alert. Excellent!

Just didn’t read carefully enough since I never have that problem. :D Always on WiFi!

Seems very minor for such a huge version jump. I wonder if this is some kind of pre-v10 prep with v10 shadow mode.

The second number indicates the week of the year that the base build was developed. So in this case it’s from the 32nd week of the year, 4 weeks after the 2019.28.x base build. The version number alone doesn’t indicate major changes from the previous version necessarily.

Also, no sub-version number. Just 2019.32.... so that’s weird. The main feature is about software updates being indicated in the status bar. Possibly this is a new update framework to make way for version 10.

No sub version number happens from time to time, it’s just been a while since we’ve had a base version been released.

Don't have it, yet know nothing really new. Not worth stressing over not getting it if you don't have it.
I agree you don't need to stress over it, but remember that the V3 Supercharging profiles were enabled without any mention in the release notes. Just because the release notes are short doesn't mean the version is not significant. There could be important changes "under the hood".

Has to be better then my last update to 28.3.1 which is probably the worst version I've gotten in the past 6 months. I don't use NoA on my commute to work or home now since it will miss both exits and is just very inconsistent.

Nice. Now I can break the habit of opening the software setting page every time I get into the drivers seat.

Has to be better then my last update to 28.3.1 which is probably the worst version I've gotten in the past 6 months. I don't use NoA on my commute to work or home now since it will miss both exits and is just very inconsistent.
I track NOA lane change performance, and haven't noted any significant changes in 2019.28.3.1. What "inconsistent" behavior are you seeing? I'd like to monitor it on my upcoming evaluations.

Also, no sub-version number. Just 2019.32

The third number show iterations on a week.

2019.32 is the first build out of week 32.

2019.32.1 will be a patched version of that build. It may or may not be better than the original.

Some weeks get lots of patches, others get left behind.

Some weeks get massive rollouts, others don't.

Sometimes a patch comes out just for a particular set of problem vehicles... So most people remain on yyyy.ww.3, but a few get yyyy.ww.5 then yyyy.ww.6 then yyyy.ww.7 as they try to solve some nagging edge case.