Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Sound Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @hydro 481

Keep in mind that by far the most expensive components of an installation like this are the amplifier and the speakers.

The amplifier I went with, the HD1200/1, was $1,250.00 USD on it's own.
The speakers I already had, but JL Audio 10w6v3's will run you about the same as the amp at $1,200.00 USD.
Everything else in the system combined was about $1,000.00 bucks.

So my total was about $3450.00, but you could still do most of that install for a lot less if you bought audio equipment on a budget.
That doesn’t sound too bad. I haven’t dabbled in car audio for the last 13 years so I am out of the loop as far as cost of audio equipment nowadays. I’m assuming you upgraded all the stock speakers as well?

now deadmat that sucker and report back.

I did do quite a bit of sound deadening in the trunk during the install but I didn't blog about that part. Since the project was completed and I've been driving around listening to it, I've heard several more places that really need to be treated. That will probably be my project for this Saturday.

That doesn’t sound too bad. I haven’t dabbled in car audio for the last 13 years so I am out of the loop as far as cost of audio equipment nowadays. I’m assuming you upgraded all the stock speakers as well?

No sir, I only added the subwoofer and did my best to calibrate it to fit in with the existing system. If you're interested in seeing a blog post about upgrading all of the speakers I recommend you check out Travis' Part 6 - Speakers. Though I don't even what to think about what he must have paid for that set, I bet it sounds amazing.