Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 "Spaceship" cabin...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh, I've got no idea. How do you square away these two tweets?

tweet1.jpg

tweet2.jpg

So..."wait until you see the spaceship-like steering and controls" and "nothing majorly new that a consumer would notice".

Either EM got caught overpromising again (e.g., falcon wing doors on the Model X) or he thinks spaceship-like controls in a car won't be anything "majorly new" for consumers.

So..."wait until you see the spaceship-like steering and controls" and "nothing majorly new that a consumer would notice".

Either EM got caught overpromising again (e.g., falcon wing doors on the Model X) or he thinks spaceship-like controls in a car won't be anything "majorly new" for consumers.

I think for launch they just want to keep it as simple as possible and get it out the door. Who can blame them? If you want more features, more power, and more tech, then hold off on buying for a year after it's released.

Reactions: davidc18
I think for launch they just want to keep it as simple as possible and get it out the door. Who can blame them? If you want more features, more power, and more tech, then hold off on buying for a year after it's released.

Tell that to Elon. :) I didn't make any tweets about the Model 3's final interior will look like a spaceship, ahem. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: sorka

They said it clearly during the reveal presentation rides a year ago.

Q: No instrument cluster?
A(abridged): No instrument cluster. What you see in this engineering prototypes will be in production models. We don't have time.

At 1 minute mark.

Any "spaceship steering and controls" is probably a vision of a self driving car which you tell (voice recognition is a safe bet IMHO) where to drive and it does it for you...
No fiddling with wheel, buttons, etc. required.

• Informative
Reactions: ikjadoon
Ha! Well, I only. Fought it up bc of the tweets that EM made and that ikjadoon brought up.

And for those that keep saying, "if you want this or that, wait..." well, of course we'd have to wait as we have no choice. But a lot of us also went in to help fund some of the development bc of a lot of what EM was making out to be an advanced and potentially superior vehicle to the BMW 3 or even M3, A3/4 etc. But lately, it's been sorta feeling like EM is really making the car seem "not as cool" or compelling anymore (vs early on.. as if his excitement has died down too). I mean, I'm definitely still excited but does anyone else feel like he's making seem that the car isn't "that great?" Vs when the ICE "competitors" talk about the luxury, the performance and handling (vs sheer acceleration only) when they talk about their vehicles. I'm hoping that when we do get to see the final version, it's still a huge WOW moment as it was on day 1 of the initial reveal. Or when Model S and X users still experience.

Actually, based on the taxi tweet, I'm hoping it does NOT feel like I'm getting into a taxi if that's what he's hinting at will be the final experience.

Wasn't there supposed to be a last part of the reveal early this year that's not being talked about any more? My guess is there was something in the works that is taking longer to get into production than anticipated. Rather than delaying the Model 3 launch and having the credibility of the entire company called into question (not to mention the market cap plummeting), I presume they decided to launch the car without the new tech.

We'll probably see whatever that new tech is in the S and X sometime after the Model 3 launch and the same show up on the 3 after that.

has anyone thought about what Elon meant when he was initially talking about the "spaceship" like interior/ driving?
How do you "drive" a spaceship?

A: You don't. The destination is given to the control computer that calculate the route. You get in, sits down and wait to arrive at the destination.

He was clearly speaking about AP2 (unveil#2) and FSD.

Eh, I've got no idea. How do you square away these two tweets?

View attachment 220249

View attachment 220250

I think the tweets mean that the Model 3 will be plain, however the dreadnought like process of making the Model 3 will not be plain. The process will be the most advanced way that Tesla is making a car. Not that "we" ( the public ) will ever see any of it.

So the vast improvements in "the process" will be a Tesla improvement......not a Model 3 improvement.

Any "spaceship steering and controls" is probably a vision of a self driving car which you tell (voice recognition is a safe bet IMHO) where to drive and it does it for you...
No fiddling with wheel, buttons, etc. required.
I'm thinking Tesla was actually planning on some user-facing tech for the "spaceship" stuff, however they simply didn't have the time to finalize development. May be in the next iteration of the platform.

Reactions: ikjadoon

No, you won't see much change after 1 year. You may get some software updates, UI changes, and maybe some hardware under the hood, but for the dashboard and center screen, they cannot afford to change it so soon. The interior is pretty much "as is" until the next model update.