Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Speaker Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model 3 today at the new Fremont Hub. Overall it was a great pickup and overview of controls and features.

However, on the drive home I decided to turn up the stereo to test out the audio. It sounded kind of hollow and lacking any base. Upon further review just the front upper speakers (tweeters) were working and none of the door speakers worked. I failed to check this at pickup. We had some low level music playing at the Fremont Pickup Hub but didn't turn it up to notice the missing speakers. Add this to your list of things to check for at delivery.

Aside from this and one other weird front brake issue I'm very pleased with this car. More videos and discussion to follow.

Awesome recommendation, thank you. As someone who is taking delivery on Sunday who hadn't really thought about a list - what else should i be checking for/did you look at?
I was told to check my UMC. Did that on the 120v available there. Seemed to work fine.
Give the body a good close look. Fit and finish looked rather well given my experience with the S line.
I noticed tonight also my phone app says the charge door is open, when it isn't.
The two included phone charger cables with mine are lightening and USB C. I asked if they had a micro USB available since I use that and C, no iPhone family :p. Was told no but I can "go find them at most convenient stores." They do sell all 3 on their website. Maybe your advisor will be more accommodating.
I have a weird noise in my front brake area that only occurs at hard stops. I'll make another thread on this but not something you can check there.

Last edited:
I was told to check my UMC. Did that on the 120v available there. Seemed to work fine.
Give the body a good close look. Fit and finish looked rather well given my experience with the S line.
I noticed tonight also my phone app says the charge door is open, when it isn't.
The two included phone charger cables with mine are lightening and USB C. I asked if they had a micro USB available since I use that and C, no iPhone family :p. Was told no but I can "go find them at most convenient stores." They do sell all 3 on their website. Maybe your advisor will be more accommodating.
I have a weird noise in my front brake area that only occurs at hard stops. I'll make another thread on this but not something you can check there.
Yes, all 3 are available in the Tesla shop. I wish they gave us a choice at delivery.

Kbra, I've been reading really good things in general about the sound quality of the speaker system. If you have no sound from the other speakers, I have two thoughts. First one is are there sound controls (maybe equalizer settings) for those other speakers that maybe you aren't aware of how they are currently set? Two, suppose it could be a loose connection somewhere.

Kbra, I've been reading really good things in general about the sound quality of the speaker system. If you have no sound from the other speakers, I have two thoughts. First one is are there sound controls (maybe equalizer settings) for those other speakers that maybe you aren't aware of how they are currently set? Two, suppose it could be a loose connection somewhere.
Three, do a reset.

This is not a response to the non working speakers, but it is not unusual for a speaker system to sound much better after it has had the chance to break in for a few hours. The sound will usually get fuller with with more bass after the speakers have loosen up with some flexing.

Glad to see so many people getting deliveries on their long awaited Model 3's.

This is not a response to the non working speakers, but it is not unusual for a speaker system to sound much better after it has had the chance to break in for a few hours. The sound will usually get fuller with with more bass after the speakers have loosen up with some flexing.

Glad to see so many people getting deliveries on their long awaited Model 3's.
These are straight up silent speakers.