Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 special functions and proceedures?

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I think we should make a list here of how to operate the controls on the 3 for special things, like rebooting the car, getting the Tesla group photo easter egg up, and more.

I think rebooting the car is holding down both thumb buttons for 5 seconds, but doesn't it involve pressing the brake pedal too?

Daniellane

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 13, 2017
Camas, Washington
I think we should make a list here of how to operate the controls on the 3 for special things, like rebooting the car, getting the Tesla group photo easter egg up, and more.

I think rebooting the car is holding down both thumb buttons for 5 seconds, but doesn't it involve pressing the brake pedal too?
Same as S.
Hold scroll wheels in until T logo appears on screen.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX

I think the list is called the owners manual.

Reactions: outdoors and Pkmmte

Daniellane

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 13, 2017
Camas, Washington
What's the procedure to put the car in neutral?
Owners Manual link
https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf

7612792B-8465-4B6D-A953-F81AE6BE22AF.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA

Daniellane

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 13, 2017
Camas, Washington
Perhaps a better use of this thread would be to highlight subtle & not so subtle differences in procedures and the interfaces of Model S/X & Model 3.

Example: Map Traffic Icons

Model S Traffic Icon (cars)

133297B5-59DB-4D0E-896B-6E7890349B0E.jpeg

Model 3 Traffic Icon (stop light)
71EEDA32-695F-46DE-A66E-67A2B790D19A.jpeg

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC