Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 specific Jack Pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I have one of these. You need an extremely low profile jack to use it.

Here's a combination that worked for me.
Streetrays Jackpad (Bought 4 on eBay for about $50 incl. shipping)
Arlan HJ3000 3-ton Al+Steel jack

I have about 7/8" clearance (i.e., diameter of a nickel) using that combination.
IMG_0427.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: omkar
Hey guys. Somehow my wheels and tires are getting here tomorrow and likely before my reverse logic lift pads.

I have a high quality low profile jack.

Is it ok to lift without a pad? Obviously I’m going to really want to get these wheels on tomorrow.

Thanks!

Best,
Gene

Why do I need to use a jack pad at all? I’m talking about using a low profile jack with a flat saddle, so there is no difference between the shape of the surface of a pad vs no pad.

The jack itself pushes right on the correct spot. I see no value in the pad.
The value to me (and most others) is twofold: Jack pads with the vertical protrusion help hold it and the jack in the right position so it's less likely that the car slides off the saddle and causes damage to the body or battery; and that you are not scratching up the metal jack point with the saddle and inviting rust.

Reactions: PJFW8
You can get a set of 4 of the Streetrays on ebay for $30 including shipping at the moment, and Streetrays is the seller. Just scroll past the $21 for one listings :) Mine arrived 3 days later, and they appear to have made the o-ring change someone here suggested - they grip fine in the car to let you get the jack in place without having to hold them, but still pull out easily. They come in a sealed plastic bag, so you need to open that just right to be able to keep using it to store them in.

Why do I need to use a jack pad at all? I’m talking about using a low profile jack with a flat saddle, so there is no difference between the shape of the surface of a pad vs no pad.

The jack itself pushes right on the correct spot. I see no value in the pad.

If your ‘saddle’ Is completely flat without metal lip around the outside and had a full coverage rubber pad you should be able to jack directly on the metal lift point with no issue.

The issue is if the jack pad has a lip the lip can contact the battery cover and surrounding plastic as the car angle changes relative to the jack pad as the height increases.

Reactions: PJFW8
You can get a set of 4 of the Streetrays on ebay for $30 including shipping at the moment, and Streetrays is the seller. Just scroll past the $21 for one listings :) Mine arrived 3 days later, and they appear to have made the o-ring change someone here suggested - they grip fine in the car to let you get the jack in place without having to hold them, but still pull out easily. They come in a sealed plastic bag, so you need to open that just right to be able to keep using it to store them in.

Thx, just ordered. $29.95 for a set of 4.