Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the M3 press kit, the weight difference between LR and SR is 265 lbs, corresponding to 90 miles range, so you could extrapolate to 648lbs for the SR and 912lbs for the LR. Although in practice it's not that simple since there are knock-on effects to weight and there's more to a battery pack than just cells, not all of which scale linearly.

So, on average around 350 kg. In other words, still 4-5 as much as the usually only occupant (i.e. the driver) weighs...

I'm not sure how the drivers' weight factors into things, but yes.

Overall though, Model 3's weight is very much normal for its class. LR is on the heavier end, but some of its competitors can get even heavier. SR is maybe 60% percentile when you consider all of the different variants of its competitors (not just the base curb weighs from the lowest power gasoline engine variants)

Monroney sticker from the production pics thread:
alright guys, here we go. went by factory and found s3x in the wild, all same color (do i hit the tesla jackpot)? the model 3 was #142 and was produced in July (does that put tesla ahead of schedule?) oh i also got the clearest pic of the sticker too.

20170903_071124-jpg.245460
20170903_071144-jpg.245459

Monroney sticker from the production pics thread:

20170903_071124-jpg.245460
20170903_071144-jpg.245459

Interesting that they don't list out the premium upgrade features.

Even though we already know most of this stuff, I went ahead and transcribed what I could....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STANDARD FEATURES

Technical
  • Three phase, six pole, internal permanent magnet motor
  • Drive inverter with regenerative braking system
  • Microprocessor controlled lithium-ion battery
  • Onboard charger and mobile connector
  • 120 volt, 240 volt, and J1772 charging adapter
Safety
  • Seven cameras, forward radar, and twelve ultrasonic sensors
  • Six front row plus two side curtain airbags
  • Three point safety belts with belt-reminders for driver and four passengers
  • Two LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) attachments in second row
  • Electronic stability and traction control
  • Four wheel antilock disc brakes with electronic parking brake
  • Child safety locks and manual cargo door release mechanisms
  • Anti-Theft Alarm System
Interior
  • 15 inch capacitive touchscreen
  • Onboard maps and navigation
  • WiFi and Mobile network connectivity
  • FM and Internet streaming radio
  • Hands free talking with Bluetooth
  • Voice activated controls
  • High definition backup camera
  • One touch power windows
  • Dual zone climate control
  • Heated seats for driver and front passenger
  • 12 volt power outlet and two USB ports for media and power
Exterior
  • Full LED lighting
AS CONFIGURED
  • Model 3: $35,000
  • Long-Range Battery: $9,000
  • Premium Upgrades: $5,000
  • Solid Black: Included
  • 19" Wheels: $1,500
Fuel Economy and Environment
  • 126/131/120 MPGe (combined/city/highway)
  • 27 kW-hrs/100 miles
  • 310 mile range
  • Charge time: (illegible)
  • Annual fuel cost: $500
  • 5-year fuel savings vs average new vehicle: $4,500
  • Fuel Economy & Greenhouse Gas Rating (tailpipe only): 10/10
  • Smog Rating (tailpipe only): 10/10
Parts Content Information

US/Canadian parts content: 50%
Mexico: 25%

Date of manufacture: 07/2017

Government 5-star Safety Ratings: No crash test safety ratings yet.

Last edited:
I agree. 8 cameras total. 7 used by AP.

"Rear View Camera
Not just for backing up safely, the rear view camera is now a contributing member of the Autopilot hardware suite with enhanced optics. The rear view camera is useful when performing complex parking maneuvers."

There's also an interior camera so actually, there are 9 cameras. 8 external ones for Autopilot including rear view one for autoparking.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV and 03DSG
Speaking of the interior camera, the more I think about it, the more possibilities I realize that you could do with it. Two new ones that occurred to me today:

* Gesture interface. For people who complain about "having to use a touchscreen", and don't think voice commands are good enough - just wave your hands in the air to change settings.
* Video conferencing. You already have a screen, after all.

This is in addition to all of the past things, like driver attention monitoring; monitoring of children / other non-owners granted permission to drive / ride in the car; theft prevention; etc.

You know, driver attention monitoring is a whole bag on its own. E.g.:

* Audio alerts if the driver starts to doze off. If they don't respond, slow down, pull over and put the hazards on.
* Don't let the driver go too long without looking at the road when Autopilot is on.
* If driver is being inattentive with autopilot on, make autopilot more sensitive. If it's not sure whether something is dangerous, and the driver's not watching, it should assume it's dangerous.

Bottom line ... $50,500.
With Dual Motors and Smart air suspension the MSRP will be over $60K :cool:

You think that option is going to cost $10k on M3? Before it was made standard on the MS, those were $5k and $2,5k respectively. And everything is cheaper on M3 (and must be, because it's targeting a lower market).

Musk previously stated that AWD would be cheaper on M3 than on MS (where it was $5k). Now maybe air suspension is their way to bring it back up to $5k. But $10k? No, not going to happen.

Last edited:
Bottom line ... $50,500.
With Dual Motors and Smart air suspension the MSRP will be over $60K :cool:

I'm not sure how you get that, unless you are adding something like EAP as well. Elon has said AWD will be less than the $5000 it is on the Model S (and it certainly won't be more), and smart air was only ever a $2500 option on the Model S.

Edit: Just got beaten

• Funny
Reactions: KarenRei
You think that option is going to cost $10k on M3? Before it was made standard on the MS, those were $5k and $2,5k respectively. And everything is cheaper on M3 (and must be, because it's targeting a lower market).

Musk previously stated that AWD would be cheaper on M3 than on MS (where it was $5k). Now maybe air suspension is their way to bring it back up to $5k. But $10k? No, not going to happen.

Plot twist: No AWD without premium package and long range battery. ;)