Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how is it that the chevy bolt has the same MPGe as the model 3 and the model 3 is so much more aerodynamic?
EPA cycle is city optimized (where aerodynamics matter a lot less). City cycle gets a 55% weight in the combined number. Even for the "highway" cycle the average speed is only 48mph even for the most aggressive US06 cycle, so it's still skewed toward city. You will see the "highway" cycle the Model 3 (LR) performs better in MPGe 120 vs 110.

More discussion here:
PMAC vs induction motor for model 3

You will see the "highway" cycle the Model 3 (LR) performs better in MPGe 120 vs 110.
Yep, and the difference will be even more stark at normative American driving speeds.
I am so looking forward to a head to head range match at 75 mph, followed by a 100 mile recharge and then back to base.

It won't be pretty, but it sure will be funny.

how is it that the chevy bolt has the same MPGe as the model 3 and the model 3 is so much more aerodynamic?

The Bolt is rated 119/128/110 MPGe. (combined/city/highway)
The M3 LR is rated 126/131/120 MPGe.

And the M3 LR weighs ~250 lbs more than the Bolt, whereas the M3 SR weighs about the same as the Bolt. So presumably the M3 SR's efficiency advantage over the Bolt will be even larger.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Bottom line ... $50,500.
With Dual Motors and Smart air suspension the MSRP will be over $60K :cool:
With a “performance version” of Model 3 with Ludicrous mode now pushing $70-$75K

Tesla Model 3 to have smart air suspension with dual motor next year, says Elon Musk

20170903_071144-jpg.245459
I totally called this. A fully spec'd 3 at 67k.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
The Bolt is rated 119/128/110 MPGe. (combined/city/highway)
The M3 LR is rated 126/131/120 MPGe.

And the M3 LR weighs ~250 lbs more than the Bolt, whereas the M3 SR weighs about the same as the Bolt. So presumably the M3 SR's efficiency advantage over the Bolt will be even larger.

Let's see how Consumer Reports does with Model 3's in their range testing. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Panhandler
Better than the thousands of fanbois who thought they were getting HUD and Ludacris at 45k.....
I don't even know what that silly word is, as everyone seems to define it for themselves and then use pejoratively to describe others, but I would call those who expected HUD, D, and L for 45k dreamers.

This car is clearly designed to be driven autonomously. If you're driving along and you want to open the window, you have to navigate through a touch screen interface in this car, whereas in any normal car you can just flick down the window button and it'll do it itself right?

It seems to be like putting all of the control on the screen is so people can spend more and go for the autonomous add-on.

If i'm wrong or mistaken, let me know ;-)

This car is clearly designed to be driven autonomously. If you're driving along and you want to open the window, you have to navigate through a touch screen interface in this car, whereas in any normal car you can just flick down the window button and it'll do it itself right?

It seems to be like putting all of the control on the screen is so people can spend more and go for the autonomous add-on.

If i'm wrong or mistaken, let me know ;-)
You are wrong and mistaken. Windows can be lowered and raised with the flick of a button as with other cars.

NVbXHsx-whizaPtTjEEdAlxco-38CS-ONk0KwbxTJA1XAo0BLIit3jDe0U_R7t9cX1prSEu6m0WywfVPFxP3e9ZbmI_2TBJ7Dyzn9785qu2TQrYTyAaqMAjzEAahtadHr84SE4ofgO0=w871-h653-no

Last edited:
...transcribed...

Would you please check whether I did correctly on the prices and descriptions? Is the description "Destination and Regulatory Doc Fee" correct? And I notice it's only $1,000, not $1,200 as in current S and X?

Model 3...............................35,000
Long Range Battery.....................9,000
Premium Upgrade........................5,000
Solid Black.........................Included
19" Wheels.............................1,500
Destination and Regulatory Doc Fee.....1,000
--------------------------------------------
Total Vehicle Price...................51,500

f you're driving along and you want to open the window, you have to navigate through a touch screen interface in this car,

Why would you expose yourself to ridicule by stating as fact something which 1) you don't know for a fact, and 2) is easy for others (or you for that matter) to check? Unless the intention is to spread FUD?

Thank you kindly.