Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just some estimated info for anyone else who might be interested, I was playing with some online calculators this morning to try to deduce corresponding horsepower and quarter mile e.t. since those are what I (and probably many others) have used for many years now.

Based on 3550 lbs. and 5.6 0-60 the standard Model 3 probably has around 260hp and would run around 13.6 in the quarter mile.

The extended range at 3800 lb.s and 5.1 0-60 would have around 315hp and run near a 13.0 flat quarter.

These are Wild Ass Guesses only of course, but it gives some terms for comparison with other cars from the past. Our metric friends will have to do the conversions themselves, you have a better system but I didn't feel like doing the math. ;)

The Standard Interior has a solid roof, 7 speaker audio system, fabric seating, heated manually adjustable 6-way front seats, center console with open storage.

The Premium interior has UV filtered glass roof, 15 speaker audio system, premium seating materials with a seat heater and USB for every passenger, 12 way power adjustable front seats with customer driver profiles, center console with covered storage, twin phone docks, power adjustable, folding and heated side mirrors, rear fold down arm rest, ambient interior lighting, Homelink for garage door with auto open/close, two years of free data connectivity...
How do the side mirrors adjust in the standard interior? The premium specifically called out "power adjustable, folding and heated side mirrors", so does that imply that the standard interior has manual adjustment for the mirrors?

Reactions: ProphetM
The Standard Interior has a solid roof, 7 speaker audio system, fabric seating, heated manually adjustable 6-way front seats, center console with open storage.

The Premium interior has UV filtered glass roof, 15 speaker audio system, premium seating materials with a seat heater and USB for every passenger, 12 way power adjustable front seats with customer driver profiles, center console with covered storage, twin phone docks, power adjustable, folding and heated side mirrors, rear fold down arm rest, ambient interior lighting, Homelink for garage door with auto open/close, two years of free data connectivity...

I didn't realize that the standard interior has everything I want except the glass roof. You just made my choice a lot harder.

Thanks

So are we talking about the back part of the roof will be solid? or just the top middle part? Elon talked about the glass roof as if it were part of the structure of the car...wanted to "give people the feeling of more space in the back seats".....The windshield is part of the X, so I would think the back glass for the 3 would be as well....just wanted some clarification....thanks!

Just noticed this last bit about data connectivity, what does that cost in the standard interior? or after two years in the premium?

So are we talking about the back part of the roof will be solid? or just the top middle part? Elon talked about the glass roof as if it were part of the structure of the car...wanted to "give people the feeling of more space in the back seats".....The windshield is part of the X, so I would think the back glass for the 3 would be as well....just wanted some clarification....thanks!
No, the rear seat/back window one-piece glass is on ALL M3's. Only the front part over front seat is solid on base model and glass with PUP option.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Grendal and ggies07

I thought the center console storage was part of the premium package.

Where do you get heated front seats? There's no mention of that in the Press Kit.
Similarly it mentions "Power-adjustable side mirrors" but not heated.
If the front seats and the mirrors are heated I could skip the PUP and that would be a big deal to me.

It's a nice package, but I really just need the basic heating for winter. If I have to stump up I will, but man, $5k.

I stand corrected. ACC was used for Adaptive Cruise control but I had not remembered that, and it is apparently an industry standard term. My apologies for any confusion. (But I do think people more commonly use TACC for that function when speaking of Tesla's implementation of the adaptive cruise control now.)
For completeness, the industry term for auto climate control is EATC - electronic automatic temperature control. But I don't think that has as much traction outside of industry as ACC does for cruise control.

On Tesla's website, the PUP description says this:

"Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors"

So confirmed that power adjustment is standard, and the dimming, auto-folding and heating is extra

I do not get "auto-folding" from what it says on the site. They may well be auto-folding and, it would be nice if they are, but it doesn't actually say that.