Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some snaps that explain more about the differences between Standard and Premium....

InteriorStandard.jpg
InteriorPremium.jpg

That rear seat fold-down armrest with integrated cupholders is a nice touch. I seldom have a fifth passenger in my car and this will be like executive seats for the folks sitting in the back. This is especially nice for those with two young kids on a road trip and a DMZ is needed to establish clear territorial boundaries (glad those days are long over for me). :)

Yep, looks like PUP is the way to go!

FWIW, the Motor Trend article mentioned that the Premium Package adds REAR heated seats:

I presume that all Model 3s will have front heated seats, just as the S does now. Probably no heated mirrors without PUP though. I can't recall my mirrors icing up, is that really a problem in some places?

Is there any reason to believe a blurb in a MT article over the official Tesla press kit info?

I figure it's more likely that the MT writer got the facts a bit mixed up than Tesla would make such a glaring omission from the press kit info.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Heated steering wheel standard or not?

More like "Heated steering wheel option available at all or not?".

Again, just going by the press kit, there's zero mention of a heated steering wheel.

Much more discussion here: No heated steering wheel? (Leaf and Bolt have it)

If you can't use the car as a wifi hotspot what is the connectivity used for?

After two years do the maps stop working?
Connectivity would be for streaming internet radio and the web browser. Maps and navigation don't need data except the update the maps and, since they included in the base, I assume map updates would be free. It would make sense anyway so you can still use them to find and get to a SC.