Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spoiler copy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my eBay spoiler in yesterday and it looks great and it fits properly! I do not have a sock one to compare it to but the quality seems very good.

After putting it on I’m actually not 100% sure I like the look better than without it so we will see how long it stays on.

View attachment 432370 View attachment 432371

I am trying to compare it with the RPM spoiler which isn't easy just from pictures :)
But the RPM seems to be more flush on the top? The one you have got seems to have a little "bump"? Or is it just the pictures?

I got my eBay spoiler in yesterday and it looks great and it fits properly! I do not have a sock one to compare it to but the quality seems very good.

After putting it on I’m actually not 100% sure I like the look better than without it so we will see how long it stays on.

View attachment 432370 View attachment 432371

@Evan862,

What’s with that CRAZY seam all along the back edge of that spoiler? Is that an actual seam? It looks like two pieces, a top and bottom glued together like a sandwich? Is that the case or is it just a difference in the CF pattern? Maybe it’s just the appearance in the photo.

Ski

• Informative
Reactions: follow.johnny
Any update on shipping times for RPM Tesla Spoiler? I'm also located in Socal, wondering if it would be fast for me to stop by their main office/warehouse to pick one up instead.

Looking to order a matte version and wrap it in matte black or satin grey to match my wheels since I don't like the carbon fiber look.

I'm highly suspect of any knockoff blade spoiler that costs a fraction of the Tesla one. People have mentioned Tesla dry-fitting (up to fifteen, I think) spoilers before installing them and STILL having problems, I don't see how these would be any different.

I'm highly suspect of any knockoff blade spoiler that costs a fraction of the Tesla one. People have mentioned Tesla dry-fitting (up to fifteen, I think) spoilers before installing them and STILL having problems, I don't see how these would be any different.
Can't say that it will be - just i figure (considering even oem sucks) for the price, not much to loose. I'll update when/if I purchase/install.

Any updates to this thread? I picked up a white "Stealth Perfomance" 3 last weekend, and would like to get a CF spoiler as close to the OEM look as possible. Right now I'm thinking the RPM is my choice, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm also torn between gloss and matte... The Matte looks pretty badass, but CF looks good under gloss too. Pics of either on a white decklid would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I bought the Ikon spoiler and I’m pretty sure it’s ABS with a carbon overlay. It weighed 15.5 ounces, which seems too heavy to be full CF. Also, the carbon overlay was “short” in the corners so you could see black plastic underneath it. First one fit poorly, but they sent me a return shipping label and sent another one 2 day fedex. The second one fit well but had some scratching on the carbon overlay but under the clear/acrylic. Wasn’t too obvious from most angles you would normally look at it so I kept it.

Attachments

• CAF044E3-5E1F-40D6-ACA6-63811E91AF6E.jpeg
    CAF044E3-5E1F-40D6-ACA6-63811E91AF6E.jpeg
    428.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 78DCB28E-24D0-4C17-B93C-882D5448234E.jpeg
    78DCB28E-24D0-4C17-B93C-882D5448234E.jpeg
    611.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 7CC75D5E-EFBD-41DC-90B6-F22DFFC5C06D.jpeg
    7CC75D5E-EFBD-41DC-90B6-F22DFFC5C06D.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Informative
Reactions: Gator Rican
I bought the Ikon spoiler and I’m pretty sure it’s ABS with a carbon overlay. It weighed 15.5 ounces, which seems too heavy to be full CF. Also, the carbon overlay was “short” in the corners so you could see black plastic underneath it. First one fit poorly, but they sent me a return shipping label and sent another one 2 day fedex. The second one fit well but had some scratching on the carbon overlay but under the clear/acrylic. Wasn’t too obvious from most angles you would normally look at it so I kept it.

Yeah, I also had some QC issues with the Ikon spoiler. I also had to return it and explicitly ask that they check the replacement spoiler before sending it out.

Carbon Fiber Spoiler

I wasn't the only one. There was another in the same thread with some issues. They ultimately corrected the issue by sending out a replacement, but I wish they did a better job of checking their inventory when they come in from their Chinese manufacturer.

You think it’s real CF overlay or a hydro-dipped process?

Any updates to this thread? I picked up a white "Stealth Perfomance" 3 last weekend, and would like to get a CF spoiler as close to the OEM look as possible. Right now I'm thinking the RPM is my choice, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm also torn between gloss and matte... The Matte looks pretty badass, but CF looks good under gloss too. Pics of either on a white decklid would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I got this one for my white stealth and it fits great. Super easy to install. I went with gloss.

Fits for Tesla Model 3 Real Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Spoiler Gloss Black | eBay

Reactions: Shemp