Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spoiler copy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been thinking about getting a spoiler for a while now. Any advantage of getting the real carbon fiber spoilers over an ABS Plastic carbon fiber one? I rather save cost if all is the same ;)
The ABS ones can be prone to fading in the sun. Really depends on how it is was made. I know RPMTESLA states that their ABS unit can be prone to fading and they recommend it being wrapped.

The real CF units should not be prone to this.

The IKON spoilers are plastic, wrapped with real CF.

Feel free to watch me installing one:

Here are some pics of mine:

IMG_0528.JPG
IMG_0793.JPG
car.jpg

Reactions: zhu-
I'm interested in getting a spoiler. I'm looking at the RPM Tesla spoilers. Honest question for you all...

How do you close the trunk when the spoiler is there?

Grab the inside grab handle and just pull it down shut.

I have the gloss black ABS spoiler. Just like OEM. But I will be replacing it soon

I would recommend getting this one over the RPM spoiler and I should have got it from the start. Costs more but it looks so much better. Has more of a downward angle as opposed to the RPM spoiler which just sits flat on the trunk lid. Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Executive Trunk Wing Lip Spoiler

I just installed SUMK spoiler. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y2TNT9F/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_N2C0EbS3R0HE1

#1 - It looks amazing. I'm not sure if it is 100% perfect match for the OEM spoiler but without a side by side comparison you could never tell it wasn't OEM. It fits in with the curves of the car perfectly.

#2 - That tape is SUPER sticky. Triple check, and then double check again to make sure you place it exactly where you wanted it. Literally seconds after mounting it I tried to see if I could adjust one end and no matter how hard I pulled and pushed I could not get the tape to release. I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't adjust it, but I am really impressed by how strong the tape holds. No way it is ever going to come loose.

IMG_20200529_211117.jpg

IMG_20200529_211127.jpg

Reactions: Tony_YYZ and Hayden
I just installed SUMK spoiler. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y2TNT9F/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_N2C0EbS3R0HE1

#1 - It looks amazing. I'm not sure if it is 100% perfect match for the OEM spoiler but without a side by side comparison you could never tell it wasn't OEM. It fits in with the curves of the car perfectly.

#2 - That tape is SUPER sticky. Triple check, and then double check again to make sure you place it exactly where you wanted it. Literally seconds after mounting it I tried to see if I could adjust one end and no matter how hard I pulled and pushed I could not get the tape to release. I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't adjust it, but I am really impressed by how strong the tape holds. No way it is ever going to come loose.

View attachment 546093
View attachment 546094

Does anyone have any updates on when this SUMK spoiler will be back in stock at Amazon?

Can’t help with that but I’ve had that spoiler for several months and no issues at all.
It looks like the one for me UNLESS they made a clone of Unplugged Performance's efficiency spoiler. I want a spoiler for range enhancements more than I do looks. Since SUMK's dimensions and angles look very close to OEM I predict it will add a touch of aero efficiency, and good looks at a low price. The others I see posted in this thread are more aesthetic or primarily downforce focused.

I would go with RPM's OEM Performance clone if I knew they could get it to me in a decent time AND give me some support if it arrives blemished. My last three orders with them have had either delays, defects or slow (not poor) customer reply speed. :/

Reactions: TomaGo