Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spoiler copy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be a silly question, but did you install it yourself or have someone else do it? I'm a bit of an air head when it comes to things like this, yet I understand you just need to 3M it to the trunk correct? I saw a video of tesla mobile service installing a spoiler for a customer so wondered if i should ask them orrrrrrr if I can do this myself?

I'm horrible at DIY stuff and I installed the RPM one myself.
IMG_0201.jpg

If you're looking at any of their other stuff, the carbon fiber mirror caps and dashboard replacement are the easiest things I've ever installed myself.

Reactions: calidreamz808
$1000 for the dashboard strip replacement?!?!?! are they insane...

I paid $546.60. It was $997 for the carbon fiber glossy dash, then -$199.40 for their 20% off sale, and then they refunded me $250 once they got my old dash back via FedEx.

IMG_0207.jpg

Probably still pricey, but liked replacing the whole thing more than the idea of wrapping it or putting a cap over the existing dash.

Last edited:
Reactions: tracksyde
I'm horrible at DIY stuff and I installed the RPM one myself. View attachment 418921

If you're looking at any of their other stuff, the carbon fiber mirror caps and dashboard replacement are the easiest things I've ever installed myself.
Awesome! Good to know, because I really wanna do some more mods to my car and one of them is doing the spoiler. I dig it. Thanks for the reply!

This may be a silly question, but did you install it yourself or have someone else do it? I'm a bit of an air head when it comes to things like this, yet I understand you just need to 3M it to the trunk correct? I saw a video of tesla mobile service installing a spoiler for a customer so wondered if i should ask them orrrrrrr if I can do this myself?

It's ridiculously easy.

The hardest part is getting it centered. Just grab a measuring tape, some paper, and a pencil and make a template for each side.

• Informative
Reactions: calidreamz808
I'm glad that I cancelled the RPMtesla order. I found the same spoiler (matte and gloss) on ebay, send an offer for $130 and seller accepted it. Here is a link for the glossy version:

Fits for Tesla Model 3 Real Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Spoiler Gloss Black | eBay
That looks really great. I think I might get one.

Now the question is, what would look better on a white M3 with aero wheels? I think the matte would match the aero wheels better but the gloss is so... shiny... mmmm.

What do you think?

I like the matte but everything else is shiny on my black M3. I haven’t done the chrome delete plus I have the carbon mirror caps (also from eBay) and they are shiny.

Matte will definitely look great on white M3.

THX for the tip, RPM won't ship to Belgium but the Ebay seller does.
taptes ships to Belgium as well. Also most countries in Europe. This is a great site for Model 3 owners in Europe. Besides offering accessories that are not available in Europe, they also try their best to put a lower value on the customs declaration paper to avoid customs fee for their customers. My friend said taptes has emailed him and asked him about the customs duty policy in his country to help him avoid fees. I would say taptes is a good company.

• Informative
Reactions: Hayden
I think I have it narrowed down to two spoilers:

This one ships from China, is a little smaller, but is only $109:
Fit for Tesla Model 3 2017-2019 Rear Trunk Wing Spoiler Cover Trim Carbon Fiber | eBay
(I'm a little nervous about the condition it will be in after shipping. Looks like it's super flat)

This one ships from California, appears to be larger, is $169:
Fits 17-19 Tesla Model 3 IKON Style Trunk Spoiler - Carbon Fiber 842961179575 | eBay
(I almost wonder if it's TOO big? Unlike the first one, this appears to have a slight upward lip on the trailing edge)

What do you guys think?