Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spoiler copy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a totally different shape than the Tesla OEM spoiler. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but if you are looking for a clone of Tesla's (minus the carbon fiber) that's not it.
Thanks Cypho, I just got my 2018 Old school P3 metallic silver that is still spoilerless and wonder if Tesla will still give me the "paid for" one since I bought it used. Looking at the options I prefer the non OEM look sans carbon fiber and would sell the factory version if they were willing to give it to me. There is zero carbon fiber elsewhere on my car. I like idea of color matching the spoiler with a few discrete highlights. Wondering if my compulsion to accessorize will ever stop!?!

Reactions: Noodles
Has anyone tried to remove a spoiler days after it was applied? Since it's tape, I'd like to think it was temporary, but I would think it's possible that the clear coat could be damaged if not removed cautiously.
I installed a P take off spoiler, but I think I applied too much tape, and it didn't fit flush on the trunk lid, and the edges weren't flush, so I removed it 2 days after install. It was a pain in the ass. I used some good 3M tape, and heated it up with a hairdryer, and ended up pulling it enough to where I could get an exacto knife in there and cutting the tape, then I used some WD-40 to get the residual tape off the trunk lid. There's still a bit of residual stuff there that I think a clay bar would take care of, and will take care of before I put the new spoiler on.

I installed a P take off spoiler, but I think I applied too much tape, and it didn't fit flush on the trunk lid, and the edges weren't flush, so I removed it 2 days after install. It was a pain in the ass. I used some good 3M tape, and heated it up with a hairdryer, and ended up pulling it enough to where I could get an exacto knife in there and cutting the tape, then I used some WD-40 to get the residual tape off the trunk lid. There's still a bit of residual stuff there that I think a clay bar would take care of, and will take care of before I put the new spoiler on.

That's about what I would expect.

Thanks!

Grab the inside grab handle and just pull it down shut.

I have the gloss black ABS spoiler. Just like OEM. But I will be replacing it soon

I would recommend getting this one over the RPM spoiler and I should have got it from the start. Costs more but it looks so much better. Has more of a downward angle as opposed to the RPM spoiler which just sits flat on the trunk lid. Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Executive Trunk Wing Lip Spoiler

Actually ordered the RPM version yesterday but cancelled it today and bought the Tsportline version. Hadn't noticed that it was so much wider/longer? than the RPM/stock version. Thanks for pointing that out.

I installed my SUMK spoiler yesterday and I am very happy as well. Mine fits super tight against the metal of the trunk. Everything was included to clean the metal and adhesive prep pads were included. Instructions were direct (with the said English issues) and good. After wiping away the adhesive promoter residue, and removing the tape (that they also included!) it feels and looks OEM for $209

How did the spoiler holding up? Do you get the gloss or matte version? Any color fading?

Thx

Next time try nylon fishing line behind the spoiler to gently cut through without scratches, it usually works really nicely especially if you warm it up with a hairdryer first!

Next time try nylon fishing line behind the spoiler to gently cut through without scratches, it usually works really nicely especially if you warm it up with a hairdryer first!
Thanks for the idea. Would this work for removing a badge too? I removed the rear "T" badge to put on the T E S L A letters, but it wasn't the easiest and I think this would have helped. I do have a black DUAL MOTOR badge for the rear and think using this may make it easier.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q5YG98/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A25Y2ZHQ4SL58C&psc=1

Thanks for the idea. Would this work for removing a badge too? I removed the rear "T" badge to put on the T E S L A letters, but it wasn't the easiest and I think this would have helped. I do have a black DUAL MOTOR badge for the rear and think using this may make it easier.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q5YG98

Should do. It's only really necessary for VERY sticky things usually. A nylon guitar pick is also handy for getting edges started on badges without risk of scratching paint too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got a chance to install the SUMK spoiler. I compared it to an original P spoiler and it seems a little more matte, and the carbon pattern goes the opposite way, but quality seems to be on par.

C6AD9A8D-C91E-439D-9F71-9A71C1E10896.jpeg
402534A2-9AE2-4DC4-A9C8-C85348CDE2E6.jpeg
F6F74F8B-21C7-409D-BF59-40ACEDF05AED.jpeg

Reactions: Silver_Bullet
FYI if you want an OEM spoiler and keep searching you will find some deals but need to be quick. I got an OEM take off spoiler for $70 on eBay a while back.

I am pretty happy with how my spoiler is attached. I might be the only one that used silicone to seal the edges so water and dirt don't continuously drip in. I haven't had any problems with lifting.

I used this tape
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QYB3JG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_2jlzFbGTWB51T

This adhesive promoter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B3I1JR6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_wklzFbCMX1MQD

Sealed around my edges on the top and corners with silicone.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AL6WLA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_4klzFbBJHZH75