Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Spotted at West Palm Beach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 20819195_10154906524272151_8105768413508493758_o.jpg
    20819195_10154906524272151_8105768413508493758_o.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 117
I sat next to a guy on my flight coming into Orlando last week and found out that his dad has both a Model S and X that lives about 5 minutes from me (I've seen the Model X with the license plate he described). He said that his dad was picking up his Model 3 this week or next week and I asked him how that was possible since I had thought Florida would be one of the later deliveries. He said that there were already 30 at the Orlando service center and that his dad had paid an extra $10,000 for early delivery and waited in line before the store opened and was about reservation 1,000. Now I have no idea if this is true but the rest of his story seemed to check out. Has anyone else heard this too?

I sat next to a guy on my flight coming into Orlando last week and found out that his dad has both a Model S and X that lives about 5 minutes from me (I've seen the Model X with the license plate he described). He said that his dad was picking up his Model 3 this week or next week and I asked him how that was possible since I had thought Florida would be one of the later deliveries. He said that there were already 30 at the Orlando service center and that his dad had paid an extra $10,000 for early delivery and waited in line before the store opened and was about reservation 1,000. Now I have no idea if this is true but the rest of his story seemed to check out. Has anyone else heard this too?
Unless his dad works for Tesla or SpaceX, I doubt it. Civilian delivers don't start until late October and that's for current Tesla owners on the West Coast.

Unless his dad works for Tesla or SpaceX, I doubt it. Civilian delivers don't start until late October and that's for current Tesla owners on the West Coast.

That is true and probably means this guy's dad isn't getting one. However, money talks and if this guy's dad knows someone who knows someone, (for better or worse) enough money can make most things happen. The part of the story I don't buy is the 30 Model 3s in Orlando. If that were true, we would have seen pictures (like the OP).

I know of two people in FL who were early supporters/investors in Tesla waaaaay back pre-IPO; they also had early Model Ss so not beyond the realms of possibility that some folks could get an early Model 3.

Also unlikely that there are 30 Model 3s in Orlando but Tesla likely wouldn't just be testing a single car, I'd expect there to be at least one transporter load I.e. 6 or 8?

Final thought...Maybe an additional reason for testing Model 3 in FL:
How Florida became the most important US state in the race to legalize self-driving cars