Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spotted in Chicago

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CRL7

2021 Model Y LR, Ordered SR+ MSM/BLK 1/15/22
May 25, 2016
Chicago
I saw a white Model 3 today in Chicago about a mile east of the Grand Tesla store at 9:57 AM. Good to know us non-Californians may see some invites to configure soon!

It was probably You You Xue. He’s touring North America with his white model 3 showing it to Tesla enthusiasts and reservation holders on very little sleep. Last I heard he was in Toronto yesterday and heading to Chicago next.

It was probably You You Xue. He’s touring North America with his white model 3 showing it to Tesla enthusiasts and reservation holders on very little sleep. Last I heard he was in Toronto yesterday and heading to Chicago next.

Had to be...would be a massive coincidence....I couldn't attend and there's nothing on the Facebook page. It did say the downtown sc refused to host, and they were directed to the new supercharger in the parking lot in the river north / Streeterville / east loop area...think its near or in Illinois center....where they charge for parking which made no sense.

I'd have hosted it at my house if I knew there was going to be a problem...

In any event, no further details on the scheduled event.

I saw a white Model 3 today in Chicago about a mile east of the Grand Tesla store at 9:57 AM. Good to know us non-Californians may see some invites to configure soon!

You You didn't get into Chicago until around 4:20pm on Saturday. I was watching his progress the whole day and he was still in Michigan Saturday morning. So it must have been someone else.

would be a massive coincidence....

Agreed, but it appears that it was just that.

The event at the Grand Ave store/service center was originally scheduled for 5pm, but then for some reason at ~4:30pm he left the Loop and took a detour out to the Westmont store/service center and rescheduled the Grand Ave event for 6pm, where he eventually arrived at ~6:10pm.

Last edited:
I am in Chicagoland and configured on Thursday. (Current owner, First day @ 2 PM ) The estimate for delivery was listed as 4 weeks.

Congrats! and please let us know when it comes in. I'm in the same boat; day one reservaton, not a current owner @ 11:30am at Grand Ave.store...dying to see one in person asap. What color / wheels did you order?

You You didn't get into Chicago until around 4:20pm on Saturday. I was watching his progress the whole day and he was still in Michigan Saturday morning. So it must have been someone else.

Agreed, but it appears that it was just that.

The event at the Grand Ave store/service center was originally scheduled for 5pm, but then for some reason at ~4:30pm he left the Loop and took a detour out to the Westmont store/service center and rescheduled the Grand Ave event for 6pm, where he eventually arrived at ~6:10pm.

The owner is a tesla employee, first 3 in the Midwest, took delivery back in Oct!

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
Newbie to this board. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I haven't figured out the search options and layout yet.

I am a Chicagoan who has been invited to configure (Model S owner, first day Model 3 deposit), but since I'm configuring for my wife, it certainly would be nice to AT LEAST look at a real Model 3 (if not test drive one). Tesla says there are no Model 3's in Chicago for these purposes, and they have no idea if/when any will be sent to a showroom for this purpose.

Does the board have any thoughts as to how I should proceed? I suppose ordering fully sight-unseen is probably pretty safe, as I can probably move the vehicle at very close to cost if my wife didn't like it...but, it just seems like a big ask to drop $50k on a photograph.

I apologize again if I'm out of bounds on how/where I'm asking about this.

Newbie to this board. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I haven't figured out the search options and layout yet.

I am a Chicagoan who has been invited to configure (Model S owner, first day Model 3 deposit), but since I'm configuring for my wife, it certainly would be nice to AT LEAST look at a real Model 3 (if not test drive one). Tesla says there are no Model 3's in Chicago for these purposes, and they have no idea if/when any will be sent to a showroom for this purpose.

Does the board have any thoughts as to how I should proceed? I suppose ordering fully sight-unseen is probably pretty safe, as I can probably move the vehicle at very close to cost if my wife didn't like it...but, it just seems like a big ask to drop $50k on a photograph.

I apologize again if I'm out of bounds on how/where I'm asking about this.

When my Model 3 arrives, I will setup some type of meet & greet for those interested.

So...you're a month out or so, correct? I have to think that I'll need/want to make a decision sooner rather than later. If I'm still on the fence at that time, I'll gratefully take you up on that offer.

When I talked with the Westmont dealership yesterday, I asked if they had any deliveries scheduled that I might be able to at least eyeball (without impacting the owner accepting delivery) and they didn't have anything at all in the queue.

I picked mine up on Friday at 3PM at the store on Grand. Haven't had too much time to drive it yet but had to head to the burbs on Sunday and had driven enough to get the autopilot going on the way home. It's been great so far. So quick and responsive and I was worried about the space with two young kids but having the frunk, trunk, and then deeper spot in the trunk seem to do the job. Car seats fit in well too.

Here’s some pics

Attachments

• AC567598-15C4-472B-89B7-E965D4200E96.jpeg
    AC567598-15C4-472B-89B7-E965D4200E96.jpeg
    524.1 KB · Views: 96
vin #41XX delivered last week (1/23) in chicagoland. pics for your enjoyment

Attachments

• IMG_7375.jpg
    IMG_7375.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7511.jpg
    IMG_7511.jpg