Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spotted with steering wheel covered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why else would they cover it up?

Simple answer. They want to wait until the reveal to show the buttons/scroll wheels on the steering wheel.. Jumping to any conclusions that this confirms the HUD is just silly. Plus they like to drive forum members crazy:)

If you look at the monitor, many buttons are on the far right. If your 5'4" tall (average hight for women) it would take an effort to reach those buttons. My guess is that the steering wheel must have at least a bit more capabilities to navigate the buttons. Of course you no longer have the second screen which made use of the buttons for navigation so I wouldn't expect a ton of extra buttons. I would love to have just enough scrollers, dpad like buttons to never have to touch the screen. My screen gets so smudged and I hate to have to tap the screen just to reveal the to nav buttons.

I think non tesla owners are going to love the big screen. Try driving another car after using the Tesla screen. I used Google on my phone in my wife's mini van and I was hating how small the phone was and I wondered how the heck I ever used it before.

Lastly, they need to open up the apps for that screen to app makers. It would be sick if it could emulate Android and iPhone for approved apps. Maybe not enough processing power in the screen?

Last edited:
If you look at the monitor, many buttons are on the far right. If your 5'4" talk (average due women) it would take an effort to reach those buttons. My guess is that the steering wheel must have at least a bit more capabilities to navigate the buttons. Of course you no longer have the second screen which made use of the buttons for navigation so I wouldn't expect a ton of extra buttons. I would love to have just enough scrollers, dpad like buttons to never have to touch the screen. My screen gets so smudged and I hate to have to tap the screen just to reveal the to nav buttons.

I think non twigs owners are going to love the big screen. Try driving another cat after using the Tesla screen. I used Google on my phone in my wife's mini van and it was hating how small the phone was and I wondered how the heck I ever used it before.

Lastly, they need to open up the apps for that screen to app makers. Would be sick if it could emulate Android and iPhone for approved apps. Maybe not enough processing power in the screen?
I wouldn't hurt to re-read what you type before posting. Auto correct is "helping" you.

• Funny
Reactions: dragonxt
If you look at the monitor, many buttons are on the far right. If your 5'4" tall (average hight for women) it would take an effort to reach those buttons. My guess is that the steering wheel must have at least a bit more capabilities to navigate the buttons. Of course you no longer have the second screen which made use of the buttons for navigation so I wouldn't expect a ton of extra buttons. I would love to have just enough scrollers, dpad like buttons to never have to touch the screen. My screen gets so smudged and I hate to have to tap the screen just to reveal the to nav buttons.

I think non tesla owners are going to love the big screen. Try driving another car after using the Tesla screen. I used Google on my phone in my wife's mini van and I was hating how small the phone was and I wondered how the heck I ever used it before.

Lastly, they need to open up the apps for that screen to app makers. It would be sick if it could emulate Android and iPhone for approved apps. Maybe not enough processing power in the screen?
In the new cars there is DEFINITELY enough processing power (if they are using same computer as S/X)

First Disagree award goes to Mcflurri ! Congratulations!
Double jeopardy! Disagreeing with your disagree award @McFlurri gets you 3 weeks in the Bahamas with Talulah Riley! Congratulations! (No transfers or re sale of gift allowed, only valid in certain states, see contest rules on our website Dislikeawards.com for more information and to learn how to claim your prize)

P.S. - Hit the disagree button on this post to unlock more rewards!!!

Last edited: