Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spotted with steering wheel covered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that the indicator/cruise/AP control stalk has been removed and these controls are now present on the wheel, either side of a central airbag.

Maybe they will be a pair of curved touch panels - just backlit flatpanel buttons - no display screen.

Maybe they beep; maybe they're haptic

Borrowing an idea from ceramic hobs, it's an obvious application for Tesla glass
l_21930629_001.jpg

(Mmmmm...spaceshippy)

Can't imagine why else it would need to be covered up with a jacket.

Unless the new Tesla logo is Elon with a halo?

I believe the Russians are working on something similar...

Screen-Shot-2015-09-08-at-6.21.06-PM-626x416.png

(actually the Maserati Boomerang from 1971-72)

Last edited:
I wonder what the logic will be for "when you need them"? Hide the speedo if the car sees you are within a few MPH/KMH of the posted speed limit for the road?
Only show it when you are speeding up and slowing down?

Tesla Model 3 design is “pretty much final,” plus new insights from a batch of high quality photos

Another day, another batch of Model 3 photos, and more new insights about the car’s design. This time the photos come from multiple posts on reddit by You You Xue,
u/youyouxue, who spotted the Model 3 at the San Mateo supercharger and got several high quality photos which we’ll have a look at below.

Xue said he spoke to the employee who was driving the car, and that the employee stated that the car is pretty much the final design before the first delivery (*not a direct quote from the employee, but Xue’s summary of the conversation). One thing to note is that the cockpit and steering wheel looks the same as it did in the other recent batch of photos we saw of them, so if this is pretty much the final design, then it’s likely that we’ll end up with a rather conventional steering wheel design on the finalized vehicle. It’s still possible that it might change, but looking less likely as we get closer and closer to release. Today’s photo of the steering wheel and interior does look the same as those other recent photos, so if Tesla is still keeping any secrets, they must be keeping them rather close to their chest.

xk0ury7b545z.jpg

I'm expecting - myself only- that there will be voice and hand motion controls and not knobs or buttons.
What's covered are motions sensors and voice sensors-hence those 2 wires.

Hey, hello in there! What's so important? What do you have that is worth living for?
MMMMMooooooddeellllll thrrrrreeeeeeeeeee
-Billy Crystal-Miracle Max
You keep using that word-I don't think it means what you think it means.
Indigo Montoya-
The Princess Bride-best family movie ever produced.