Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 squeak rear seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My right had drive Model 3 squeaks when the car is on an uneven road or any situation that causes the chassis to flex. Annoying when you are on the phone with no other sound. The only way to stop the squeak is to undo the wide or 60 side of the 60/40 rear seat and leave it forward. You then trade the squeak for a bit of road noise. On my visit to Service it is hard to replicate as the road is flat. Service says it could be something to do with the rear parcel shelf. I have tried foam in between the seat and the lock. Lubricating the lock. Any other suggestions?

My left-hand drive Model 3 does exactly the same thing. It sounds like the squeak is coming from the latch. The squeak is loudly noticeable with every bump in the road. When I loosen the latch but leave the seat up, it reduces the squeaking by about 60%. When I lower the seat, the squeaking stops entirely. I've tried lubricating the latch with a small amount of silicone spray to no effect. Any other suggestions?

Maybe you should record a video and let us hear it.

I've watched some youtube saying the C pillar has a elastic band inside doing the rattling....The car seat plastic covers on top of the panel are not attached properly... the two black large foam under the rear seats...etc.

The best way to tackle the rattling/ squeaking, is to use foam tape to hold the parts down until you find the culprit.

My left-hand drive Model 3 does exactly the same thing. It sounds like the squeak is coming from the latch. The squeak is loudly noticeable with every bump in the road. When I loosen the latch but leave the seat up, it reduces the squeaking by about 60%. When I lower the seat, the squeaking stops entirely. I've tried lubricating the latch with a small amount of silicone spray to no effect. Any other suggestions?
Thanks. I have sprayed with WD-40 and put Vaseline on the clasp and this has reduced some amount of squeak. I am unsure how to remove the back of the seat to lubricate the rest of the mechanism.

Maybe you should record a video and let us hear it.

I've watched some youtube saying the C pillar has a elastic band inside doing the rattling....The car seat plastic covers on top of the panel are not attached properly... the two black large foam under the rear seats...etc.

The best way to tackle the rattling/ squeaking, is to use foam tape to hold the parts down until you find the culprit.
The squeaks only occur when the left reel wheel is on an uneven surface. When the car flexes. OK I will look for a video on how to remove the rear seat covers and try and put Vaseline over the whole mechanism or double sided tape where there can be a vibration.

Also the seats themselves squeak when rubbing against each other - that is the actual seat material, where they join. I put some tissue paper between the 60/40 seat split where they meet and it solved it for me. So the actual seat material rubbing together was making the bloody noises!

Reactions: enemji