Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ 1 year review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Model 3 Standard Range Plus 1 year review.

Today marks 1 year as it was the day I picked up my Red SR+ at the Miramar Service Delivery center in San Diego, Ca. This was the first time I’ve sat in any Tesla and drove off with it. This is a March 2019 SR+ build with Hardware 2.5 but does not have Auto Pilot, I was in the middle of a Vegas trip and that’s when the message came on the screen to try out Auto Pilot free for 2 months. I didn’t have the time to play with it and learn it so I opt out to regain my screen back from that Auto Pilot message. The San Diego to Las Vegas trip was to test out the range and usages of the Superchargers along the way. Since, I’ve been on 2 other Las Vegas trips.

Coming from a 2011 Nissan Leaf with an average of 72 mile range, I knew how to drive the Model 3 very efficiently. That first Las Vegas trip was a success and I had no range anxiety from that point on.

I found this Tesla Motor Club forum where I spent tons of hours reading lots of info on Every type of topic possible and quickly educated myself. I also went on YouTube for the DIY videos which was also a great help about everything on this car.

The first thing I did was get the Front End wrapped with Xpel PPF. This is a must, 1 year later and no paint chips or anything, still looks brand new. Then I switched out the heavy 12 Volt lead acid battery with a very light weight lithium battery called Ohmmu. That battery is still holding strong and have never had any issues or error codes from it, whether in cold or hot weather.

Lifetime 250 wh/mi @ 15,000 miles

Not going to bore you with all of the other stuff that everyone already knows like how good it feels to drive the Model 3 and how fast it can go in an instant and of course all of the cool software updates we get every so often making the car better. Having the ability to watch a favorite show on Netflix is the best while at a Supercharger somewhere.

I’m still on the same OEM tires with 15,000 miles and the car still drives great. The only time I visited the Service Center was to get the Homelink installed. Another issue was the new CHAdeMO adaptor which arrived broken and the Ranger service guy came out to test it and he couldn’t get it to work either as his adapter was broken also. Tesla Sales sent out another adapter that worked, but as far as any other issues with the Model 3, none to date. This car is solid.

Love this car, I highly doubt I will go back to an ICE car as there so much I’m saving in maintaining it and fuel cost etc. Below is a List of things I got for the Model 3 within these 12 months of owning it. Feel free to ask me about any of those items. What sucks is that we have a Model Y in order and I may have to buy half the accessories on that list.

Model 3 Accessories
1.Road Comfort floor mats
2.Door Switch Opener labels
3.Bandit License plate holder
4.Frontend, rocker panel wrap Xpel PPF
5.Console Wrap matted black
6.Top windshield noise reduction kit
7.Small air compressor
8.Porsche 911 scissor jack
9.Jack Pads
10.Flat tire plug kit
11.Bloc Wheel spacers 15mm & 20mm
12.Testap wireless phone charger
13.Console cup mats
14.Tray organizers for center console
15.XM Satellite Radio
16.Two USB Y splitters
17.TeslaCam & Music Memory cards
18.CHAdeMO Adaptor
19.Wheel Caps w/ Tesla center cap
20.Auto Frunk mod
21.Auto Trunk mod
22.Aluminum brake & gas peddles
23.Three 12v Cigarette socket with USB unit
24.Ohmus 12 volt battery
25.Frunk Mat
26.Tesla Wall Charger
27.Suma Performance side mirrors
28.LED Puddle/Trunk light Upgrade Kit
29.New Adjustable Screen Mount
30.Air Protection Decorative Cover Flow Vent
31.Sun Shades
32.Center Console LED light
33.Evannex Red brake caliper covers
34.Aero Hubcap bag
35.Car Cover
36.OEM 18” Aero spare tire
37.Taptes USB Hub
38.500GB SSD Drive
39.Car Door lock covers
40.Inside Webcam privacy cover.
41.Aero hubcap storage bag.
42.21mm Lug Socket w/Breaker bar.
43.Ambient color back seat lights
44.LCD light rail for trunk

Fred

How did you integrate XM?
Simple, the Car kit I think it’s called Onyx I got on Amazon, these have a FM transmitter, so you set the FM radio frequency on your screen. The XM radio sits inside my console just underneath where your elbow rests on. Also there is a 12volt cigarette lighter power outlet right there so you can power the unit there. The Sat antenna is located inside the car on the rear deck and is fed right over the center baby seat lock. Just run the antenna wire under the carpet and into the console

.SiriusXM SXPL1V1 Onyx Plus Satellite Radio with Vehicle Kit with Free 3 Months Satellite and Streaming Service, Onyx Plus with Vehicle Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I59XQKO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1rMGEb7PZ89EC

Fred

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssmtsx
24763AFA-E503-421F-B732-E39E0AB48CB4.jpeg

C38E3251-AD00-4683-A4ED-8F7BFF89CD93.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller

Today marks 1 year as it was the day I picked up my Red SR+ at the Miramar Service Delivery center in San Diego, Ca. This was the first time I’ve sat in any Tesla and drove off with it. This is a March 2019 SR+ build with Hardware 2.5 but does not have Auto Pilot, I was in the middle of a Vegas trip and that’s when the message came on the screen to try out Auto Pilot free for 2 months. I didn’t have the time to play with it and learn it so I opt out to regain my screen back from that Auto Pilot message. The San Diego to Las Vegas trip was to test out the range and usages of the Superchargers along the way. Since, I’ve been on 2 other Las Vegas trips.

Coming from a 2011 Nissan Leaf with an average of 72 mile range, I knew how to drive the Model 3 very efficiently. That first Las Vegas trip was a success and I had no range anxiety from that point on.

I found this Tesla Motor Club forum where I spent tons of hours reading lots of info on Every type of topic possible and quickly educated myself. I also went on YouTube for the DIY videos which was also a great help about everything on this car.

The first thing I did was get the Front End wrapped with Xpel PPF. This is a must, 1 year later and no paint chips or anything, still looks brand new. Then I switched out the heavy 12 Volt lead acid battery with a very light weight lithium battery called Ohmmu. That battery is still holding strong and have never had any issues or error codes from it, whether in cold or hot weather.

Not going to bore you with all of the other stuff that everyone already knows like how good it feels to drive the Model 3 and how fast it can go in an instant and of course all of the cool software updates we get every so often making the car better. Having the ability to watch a favorite show on Netflix is the best while at a Supercharger somewhere.

I’m still on the same OEM tires with 15,000 miles and the car still drives great. The only time I visited the Service Center was to get the Homelink installed. Another issue was the new CHAdeMO adaptor which arrived broken and the Ranger service guy came out to test it and he couldn’t get it to work either as his adapter was broken also. Tesla Sales sent out another adapter that worked, but as far as any other issues with the Model 3, none to date. This car is solid.

Love this car, I highly doubt I will go back to an ICE car as there so much I’m saving in maintaining it and fuel cost etc. Below is a List of things I got for the Model 3 within these 12 months of owning it. Feel free to ask me about any of those items. What sucks is that we have a Model Y in order and I may have to buy half the accessories on that list.

Model 3 Accessories
7.Small air compressor
9.Jack Pads
10.Flat tire plug kit
12.Testap wireless phone charger
13.Console cup mats
14.Tray organizers for center console
15.XM Satellite Radio
16.Two USB Y splitters
17.TeslaCam & Music Memory cards
18.CHAdeMO Adaptor
19.Wheel Caps w/ Tesla center cap
20.Auto Frunk mod
21.Auto Trunk mod
22.Aluminum brake & gas peddles
23.Three 12v Cigarette socket with USB unit
24.Ohmus 12 volt battery
25.Frunk Mat
26.Tesla Wall Charger
27.Suma Performance side mirrors
28.LED Puddle/Trunk light Upgrade Kit
29.New Adjustable Screen Mount
30.Air Protection Decorative Cover Flow Vent
31.Sun Shades
32.Center Console LED light
33.Evannex Red brake caliper covers
34.Aero Hubcap bag
35.Car Cover
36.OEM 18” Aero spare tire
37.Taptes USB Hub
38.500GB SSD Drive
39.Car Door lock covers
40.Inside Webcam privacy cover.
41.Aero hubcap storage bag.
42.21mm Lug Socket w/Breaker bar.
43.Ambient color back seat lights
44.LCD light rail for trunk

Fred
Thanks for your post, Fred. Curious about which mod you used for the auto trunk/frunk?

Very helpful for this new Model 3 owner. i also get some ,just like screen protector and floor mats

Model 3 Accessories
7.Small air compressor
9.Jack Pads
10.Flat tire plug kit