Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR 2021 or LR AWD 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andre ba

Feb 26, 2022
Usa
Hello!

What do you think is better a SR 2021 ( almost new vehicle , new features etc) or a LR AWD 2018 ( 30K mikes)?
I like having more range and AWD but I am worry about potencial “old-vehicle” maintenance problems. Is the 2018 model 3 reliable? Any important feature missing in the 2018?
Thanks!!

This is a pretty popular question. The general discussion / opinion is going to be the same as the other threads on this topic. I will link a few for you to review. There are a few more than this, but these should get you started at reading the general consensus on this question.

For me this would depend heavily on the use. As a commuter car, especially in an area that doesn't see any or much snow, I'd lean towards a new LFP SR+ / RWD.

However if you'll be using it for long trips away from the supercharger, or weekend getaways with fun driving roads, or you'll be driving in lots of snow, I'd suggest the older used LR AWD.

Your preferences may vary, you really need to know your own priorities and pick based on them!

Reactions: voxel and XPsionic