Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ Accessories: Vancouver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. New to this forum as I just received my M3 SR+ a few days ago. Since I'm located in Canada, I thought I will share how I am accessorizing my M3 including some DIY tips too.

My build was M3 SR+ Black on white w/18s. Order date was April 27th, and delivered on May 25th. Had a May 2019 build date with HW3. No software update yet for HW3, current version as delivered is still 2019.7.107.

My upgrade list is as follows, and I will document and comment on the following upgrades when completed and any DIY tips as well as where I ordered from:

Wheel/tire upgrade, tint, exterior chrome delete, interior vinyl wraps, mats, and more.

Firstly, since I have new upgraded wheels/tires enroute, I thought I'd share first DIY accessory. M3 has specific jack points to lift car, so instead of purchasing aftermarket lift pads ~60-$80 USD currently, I made my own set of 4 for a total of $23.77 CAD (assuming you have Amazon prime account).

Firstly I ordered following parts that were delivered in 2 days (note these are direct links and not any type of referral links):
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000PWU9CC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00WBIY7YO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Next is simple assembly, and note the screws were included and no need to pre-drill the hockey pucks. Just screw together roughly in center.

Attachments

• LiftPadParts.jpg
    LiftPadParts.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Informative
Reactions: fidodido
Screw together, and then these easily push into M3 lifting points and actually stay in place on their own when pushed in. These are good to keep in your car in case any future flat tires, etc. to ensure no damage to battery when car is lifted.
LiftPadAssy.jpg
LiftPad-Installed.jpg

Ideally strictly for looks, 20s would be ideal to put on a M3 assuming you can give a little up in ride comfort. The factory 19s are a $2k CAD option I chose to forgo and spend the money on an aftermarket set. Also I did not want to negatively affect range (since have smaller SR+ battery pack) and give up too much ride comfort, so I chose to go with 19s. So a couple important factors to consider when selecting aftermarket wheels for range consideration is unsprung weight (ie. want the lightest wheel/tire combination possible) and also tire rolling resistance, and last but not least is looks.

Factory Aero wheels with covers weigh 23lbs (without covers 21.6lbs) + factory Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires 25lbs = 48 lbs each.
(Side note: Factory 19" wheels are 25lbs, factory tires 23lbs = 48 lbs each)

So the target was to stay close to the factory 48lbs!

For tire weights, you can go to a tire manufacturer's website to find specific tire weights or use tiresize.com.

Now typically when increasing wheel diameter the wheel and tire weights will increase. A lot of lower cost wheels are cast, so you get good $ value but you pay in wheel weight. If you have a bigger budget, you can choose lightweight wheel options that are manufactured with different tech such as forging with exotic metals which will allow you to get larger diameter wheels that are much lighter. Forged wheels are considerably more $$$ than standard cast wheels $, so you pay for the weight savings. My budget did not allow for fully forged wheels, instead I chose flow forged wheels which is a newer tech that gets you some weight savings without the large wallet damage $$.

I chose Tsportline flow forged 19s which are made specifically for Tesla and have correct offset etc. and utilize factory lugnuts too. List price starts @ 1660-1760USD-for a set (depending on finish), but they have sales a few times are year where they offer 10-20% discount and free shipping to US/Canada. I happened to purchase on Memorial Day weekend sale and got em for $1584 USD shipped to my YVR door.

For tires, the criteria was to find quality 'Eco' tires (low rolling resistance) that have very low road noise with good handling. After doing extensive research I chose Pirelli P7 All Season Plus. I've had Pirelli's any many cars, and always happy with them. There were some other new quiet Eco tires released such as Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack, but the 28lb weight was not appealing. Tire rack is good website for tire info.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...CP7ASPXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Final setup - wheels 23.7lbs + tires 25'lbs = 48.7 lbs. Very close to factory 18s.

Now so far in performance (~200km driven so far).....and handling is fantastic and in my opinion road noise is slightly quieter than factory Aero 18s which have Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires. Range effects TBD...

Before:
IMG_3770.jpg

After:
IMG_3778.jpg