Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ Ground Clearance on Eurotunnel Ramps

CurtisVL

Oct 31, 2019
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Ahhhhh, this makes a lot of sense now!

On my booking it shows me as 'High vehicle, over 6ft'. I was thinking their database might have been wrong for Tesla's as they're newer vehiles, but I didn't think about the ground clearance.

I didn't want to seem like an idiot driving my Model 3 Performance, a very low vehicle, into the 'High vehicles' lane because of an automated booking error. :p

drewpost

Aug 12, 2017
Surrey, United Kingdom
Ahhhhh, this makes a lot of sense now!

On my booking it shows me as 'High vehicle, over 6ft'. I was thinking their database might have been wrong for Tesla's as they're newer vehiles, but I didn't think about the ground clearance.

I didn't want to seem like an idiot driving my Model 3 Performance, a very low vehicle, into the 'High vehicles' lane because of an automated booking error. :p

Don't worry. It's unnecessarily confusing as there is absolutely no consistency to the messaging.

During the website booking journey, it will say

"We have detected that your vehicle has low ground clearance or is exceptionally wide. To make sure you can be loaded easily we have allocated you space on a single deck shuttle."

then your booking email will say

"Your vehicle has been classified as a high vehicle, please ensure you follow signs for SINGLE DECK on site for smooth boarding."

And to make matters even more confusing, the outbound pre-journey email said

"Based on the type and size of your vehicle we have allocated you a space on one of our double deck shuttles. Follow this signage after check-in for boarding."

So basically pick whichever you want haha. I've always gone to the single deck lane and haven't had an issue (and vastly prefer it to the double decks). Have a safe journey!

CurtisVL

Oct 31, 2019
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Don't worry. It's unnecessarily confusing as there is absolutely no consistency to the messaging.

During the website booking journey, it will say

"We have detected that your vehicle has low ground clearance or is exceptionally wide. To make sure you can be loaded easily we have allocated you space on a single deck shuttle."

then your booking email will say

"Your vehicle has been classified as a high vehicle, please ensure you follow signs for SINGLE DECK on site for smooth boarding."

And to make matters even more confusing, the outbound pre-journey email said

"Based on the type and size of your vehicle we have allocated you a space on one of our double deck shuttles. Follow this signage after check-in for boarding."

So basically pick whichever you want haha. I've always gone to the single deck lane and haven't had an issue (and vastly prefer it to the double decks). Have a safe journey!

I'll bring my dice so I roll and see which option I should take on the day, right now I'm leaning towards the 'High vehicles' lane.

They certainly do an 'amazing' job at avoiding confusion... :rolleyes:

M3noob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
I'll bring my dice so I roll and see which option I should take on the day, right now I'm leaning towards the 'High vehicles' lane.

They certainly do an 'amazing' job at avoiding confusion... :rolleyes:

There have been reports that the narrow sections caused by the bogs can damage wheels. I'd go with the single decker despite the fact that the smellier members of the auto fraternity tend to start their diesel engines well before the off.

CurtisVL

Oct 31, 2019
Cumbria, United Kingdom
There have been reports that the narrow sections caused by the bogs can damage wheels. I'd go with the single decker despite the fact that the smellier members of the auto fraternity tend to start their diesel engines well before the off.

I get the feeling that what someone said above is going to happen, all the Tesla's get thrown in one place together. :D

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC