Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ Included Charger Adaptors

Did you receive a Nema 14-50 adaptor with your delivery? (i.e. you did not pay extra)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I've been combing through the posts on this forums and others and I've been seeing mixed messages on what various people are getting when they take delivery of their M3s.

I need a nema 14-50 charge adaptor to charge for sure as there is no way I'm gonna wait days to charge the car using the standard 110v plug.

Can anyone comment on whether they received both the 110v and 240v plugs when they took delivery of their car? Preferably if you ordered a SR+ this year?

Just want to know whether I should order the Nema 14-50 plug adaptor online before taking delivery.

Honestly, I really cannot see why they wouldn't include a $35 adaptor when I'm paying over $70k for this car, especially for something so essential to the normal operation of the car...

Thanks.

Took delivery a few days ago of a SR+. No 14-50 adapter included. Couldn't buy one at the delivery center so they recommended going to one of the sales centers to buy one although they thought they might be sold out so I may need to order one online. Tried calling local sales center to see if they had stock. No answer after multiple attempts so just went home and ordered one online. Hasn't shipped yet and I hear it may take 2-3 weeks to get delivered... slightly annoyed.

Our LR M3 came with a 120 and a 240 (14-50) cable. Sadly, we have a 6-50 in our garage.
Just curious, when did you take delivery?

Took delivery a few days ago of a SR+. No 14-50 adapter included. Couldn't buy one at the delivery center so they recommended going to one of the sales centers to buy one although they thought they might be sold out so I may need to order one online. Tried calling local sales center to see if they had stock. No answer after multiple attempts so just went home and ordered one online. Hasn't shipped yet and I hear it may take 2-3 weeks to get delivered... slightly annoyed.
Dang, that sucks.... seems like I should order it now... I'm planning to take delivery end of June so hopefully it will be here by then.

Did they include the J1772 adapter?

If you put the deposit in April 2016 then you will get the Adapter and the Toy car. I got both and took delivery on May 15, 2019 ( Ordered May 1st, 2019)
Just to confirm, you got a model 3? I ordered April 27, took delivery May 12 and it got the Gen 2 set with 14-50 plug. I specifically asked and he went back into the delivery center to find a bag with one. He said “last one with this plug, you’re lucky. We’re not including this anymore”. No toy car

I ordered an SR+ on May 1st, took delivery on May 15th and the Gen 2 charger, 14-50 adapter, standard 120v adapter and J1772. But as ride365 mentioned newly built vehicles will not have the 14-50 adapter. You could always ask your delivery adviser, but I would just order the adapter if you're taking delivery soon. The online shop is super backed up. I placed an order for the aero wheel cap kit and a frunk mat on May 10th, and still haven't received a shipping notification.

Our LR M3 came with a 120 and a 240 (14-50) cable. Sadly, we have a 6-50 in our garage.
My Elmec 240V 30 amp charger uses a 6-50 outdoors with a weather proof enclosure. I bough the Tesla 6-50 cable just in case the Elmec gives me any trouble. Never had any problems with it for two year but it wasn't very challenged with my Chevy Volt's 3.2 kW charge rate.
I haven't actually tested the Tesla mobile charger yet with the 6-50 cable. Wonder if it will go higher than 29 amps that the Elmec EVDuty is limited at with my model 3?

I ordered an SR+ on May 1st, took delivery on May 15th and the Gen 2 charger, 14-50 adapter, standard 120v adapter and J1772. But as ride365 mentioned newly built vehicles will not have the 14-50 adapter. You could always ask your delivery adviser, but I would just order the adapter if you're taking delivery soon. The online shop is super backed up. I placed an order for the aero wheel cap kit and a frunk mat on May 10th, and still haven't received a shipping notification.

I ordered a frunk mat and aero wheel hub cap kit too. However, my frunk mat has already been delivered but not the aero wheel hub cap kit.

I've gone ahead with ordering the 14-50 adaptor cuz the store advisor said it is no longer included.

Seems like Tesla has a ton of internal inefficiencies to sort out, with Elon saying to staff to save money, seems counter-intuitive to send the frunk mat, then sent a separate shipment for the hub cap kit instead of sending them together. They can really learn something from amazon.

My Elmec 240V 30 amp charger uses a 6-50 outdoors with a weather proof enclosure. I bough the Tesla 6-50 cable just in case the Elmec gives me any trouble. Never had any problems with it for two year but it wasn't very challenged with my Chevy Volt's 3.2 kW charge rate.
I haven't actually tested the Tesla mobile charger yet with the 6-50 cable. Wonder if it will go higher than 29 amps that the Elmec EVDuty is limited at with my model 3?

Our Flo charger that runs off the 6-50 in our garage will do 29 amps into our M3 (per the M3). The circuit is 40A so theoretically it should be able to do 32A continuous. Which is also the max rating on the Gen 2 portable charger. I'd assume that the 3A drop is due to efficiency or other losses before the car measures it.

I'd be curious what you would get with the 6-50 cable because I've been thinking of getting it as a backup also. Would you be able to illuminate that for us? :)