Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MIC boot/trunk leaks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having this issue with the boot/trunk leaking on the MIC models? Ive seen a tonne of this on the Fremont cars and thought it had been addressed.

Each time I wash the car, the boot floor is wet (I have a rubber mat collecting it, so not in the lower part.) Ive read about past models and this problem, so I've been in the boot and it all looks very well sealed around the seal, no daylight at all.
Each time, the left side wheel arch (charge side) has a fair bit that has run down. It APPEARS like its running down from the boot lid hinge rivet onto the wheel arch, but there's more sprayed along the whole boot floor so it can't be just that plus its really hard to get hands up in there.

Doesnt happen whilst driving or parked that I can see, more when I hose is sprayed somewhere along the back. This is a standard pressure garden hose, no high pressure stuff.

Mine is Fremont, and it doesn't have that issue. Though water will drip in whenever I open the boot and it rains. Damned aerodynamics!

Anyway, can you drop the back seats and climb in the boot with a torch, and have someone hose the boot down for you?

Reactions: Leeroy