Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ Mileage at Full Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd probably have ~195 rated miles with an SR though! So he's a bit better off for the extra $1500 spent. Sucks to lose 8-10% though.

Still searching for answers from SR (not SR+) owners on what their charging/discharge constant is. Based on EPA data it should be higher than the SR+ (just because of how the EPA test turned out...), but the one report I've seen suggests it is the same as the SR+ (as you would expect).

Just saw someone on YouTube who has the same config as me showing 239 when fully charged with the same 16k milage. Not sure how to feel about that, but I think I'm starting to care less now. Unless it dips under 200. In your opinion do you think having 19" wheels changes the rated milage?

No no I get how the car calculates the capacity in the battery and all, I’m just saying it’s still very flawed and imprecise. So people shouldn’t worry about the full range not showing. It’s not perfect and best guess. What I’m saying is stop obsessing about omg I lost two miles. Lol
Difficult to “not worry about it” when some owners with more older Cars and higher miles are showing a higher rated mile number.

One of the reasons I purchased was my friend with a 2013 Model S 85 was showing a rated mile loss of 15 in 6 years of ownership. We’re setting < 6 month old SR+ Model 3s ranging from 5,000-15,000 miles showing 20-25 miles less than the advertised rated range.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

In your opinion do you think having 19" wheels changes the rated milage?

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I thought changing the vehicle wheel configuration within the Touchscreen/UI actually did change the rated miles. Do you have the 19" Sport wheels on your SR+? Is it configured with them? (e.g. does your car show up with the 19" wheels in your app?)

Edit: After researching a little more, the wheel configuration only impacts the trip calculations, not rated miles.

From what I’ve seen and heard. The sr+ cars before built before may1 and after august seem to have the hugest battery retention. Is this just due to bad batteries produced during that time period. Almost everyone that I’m that bought their sr+ during that time period has under 230miles, while my friend who bought his in April has 230+(can’t remember what exactly). This is interesting and it is kinda sad that Tesla isn’t transparent

From what I’ve seen and heard. The sr+ cars before built before may1 and after august seem to have the hugest battery retention. Is this just due to bad batteries produced during that time period. Almost everyone that I’m that bought their sr+ during that time period has under 230miles, while my friend who bought his in April has 230+(can’t remember what exactly). This is interesting and it is kinda sad that Tesla isn’t transparent

As stated earlier...SR+ build March 2019, 20k miles is 236-239 full charge

My SR+ was built 5/25/2019. Currently shows 237 miles at full charge. But only 4k miles.

Maybe we should put together voting where people can state their range and date of manufacture.
Mine is an SR+ and was build in September 19 with a total of 226 miles@100% :(
Maybe post a picture after we get the class action going

Sheesh, our society is willing to sue over everything, isn't it?

I won't be part of this. I'll delete my posts if this turns legal. Absolutely ridiculous IMHO.

Reactions: coconutboy84
Maybe we should put together voting where people can state their range and date of manufacture.
Mine is an SR+ and was build in September 19 with a total of 226 miles@100% :(
Maybe post a picture after we get the class action going

It is annoying to lose rated range, but the warranty ensures you should have more than 70% over the warranty period and miles. The threshold is set to 70% (not 80%, not 90%) for a reason! People should pay attention to this when they buy and plan accordingly!

If you buy an EV, expect 10% loss of capacity in the first year, with slower subsequent losses. Buy a car with sufficient range for your long-term needs with this capacity loss expectation accounted for! And then enjoy your car. If it has enough range after accounting for potential loss, you don’t need to worry about the capacity loss - it has minimal to no impact on your utility.

Again, it is annoying and hopefully it is something that keeps getting better with time, but this is currently one of the huge challenges of all EVs, and the most major expense (it will never make sense to replace the battery, most likely). But, it is easily quantified and budgeted for. Don’t buy an EV if the capacity loss is going to be a problem for you!

Reactions: TomB985
My problem is not with the range, my problem is with the lying. Should the diesel gate people suck it up then?
I've been to the service center and they are saying is normal without any thorough testing and they give you the same answer about driving techniques and cold weather etc.
I'm in traffic daily I have no issue with cold weather (CA), I'm used to hypermiling and I still don't get the promised range.
All I'm saying is look at the dates of manufacture and compare notes with other Tesla drivers. If there is no correlation then fine but if there is an issue why not address it.

It is annoying to lose rated range, but the warranty ensures you should have more than 70% over the warranty period and miles. The threshold is set to 70% (not 80%, not 90%) for a reason! People should pay attention to this when they buy and plan accordingly!

If you buy an EV, expect 10% loss of capacity in the first year, with slower subsequent losses. Buy a car with sufficient range for your long-term needs with this capacity loss expectation accounted for! And then enjoy your car. If it has enough range after accounting for potential loss, you don’t need to worry about the capacity loss - it has minimal to no impact on your utility.

Again, it is annoying and hopefully it is something that keeps getting better with time, but this is currently one of the huge challenges of all EVs, and the most major expense (it will never make sense to replace the battery, most likely). But, it is easily quantified and budgeted for. Don’t buy an EV if the capacity loss is going to be a problem for you!

My problem is not with the range, my problem is with the lying. Should the diesel gate people suck it up then?
I've been to the service center and they are saying is normal without any thorough testing and they give you the same answer about driving techniques and cold weather etc.
I'm in traffic daily I have no issue with cold weather (CA), I'm used to hypermiling and I still don't get the promised range.
All I'm saying is look at the dates of manufacture and compare notes with other Tesla drivers. If there is no correlation then fine but if there is an issue why not address it.
Im sorry but where has it ever said "promised" range????

5/19 SR+ build 6K miles shows 224 miles full charge as of right now

But that is just the guessometer. Hopefully those extra miles are in there

Although, on my old Volts, excluding winter time, they always charged up to the rated EV range

My 2014 Volt charged to 44 miles when it was rated at only 38

Reactions: Sofos
Im sorry but where has it ever said "promised" range????

Unfortunately this is what it comes down to, "we never promised you'll get this range".
But you're right, is not Tesla's fault, it's the EPA that we rely on to give us accurate measurements. Maybe they need to change their testing to reflect daily use.
Again, we should just take some results and go from there. It could just be normal like you guys are saying.

Unfortunately this is what it comes down to, "we never promised you'll get this range".
But you're right, is not Tesla's fault, it's the EPA that we rely on to give us accurate measurements. Maybe they need to change their testing to reflect daily use.
Again, we should just take some results and go from there. It could just be normal like you guys are saying.
sorry but this is just how EV's work. Range is estimated, and even ICE vehicles are the same. Its up to the consumer to do their research first. range can vary wildly based on use. I am seeing pretty much rated range based on my driving style....

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.