Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh Henny congratulations! I think easily the best Christmas present 🎁 ever! I still find the road noise is a bit too much... Probably because is good performance sticky tyres... Hoped it wear out quickly and I will change to Pirelli dragon sport or P zeros.
I find the road noise quite low. And I think its the only noise left as the car is so quite. Road noise is certainly much lower than the late model commodore I had previously. The Hancook tires that are fitted to the M3 LR may not be the best for noise but it does not worry me presently.

Hi All,

I have just confirmed my Unicorn M3 has the 3D6 motor..... I was hoping to find either 980 or 990 motor....... then I could buy the after market 3rd party "booster" for the 980 motor..... but I got neither lol

The motor number is as per this end with 740...

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020 TMC said it updated

with Hairpin windings.... Which seems to be better....
if you are not bored with the video..

Seems have Higher torque from 420 to 440nm.... but 239kw down to 220kw............... but it's the highest torque and highest max power motor no complaints.. Rated energy consumption on the sticker is 135 Wh/km....

No wonder it feels entirely a different car than I test drove...... seems a lot a lot smoother.... not sure if it's software updates or the "new" Chinese made Motor... very refine for sure.
Acceleration because I have a Samsung Phone... the App is no good hard to catch on... tested today.... 0-80km/h in 4.2secs.... don't have roads to test 100km... the Drag Racer App.... with 100% GPS accuracy.. Will on the app when I can to test out further...

then I could buy the after market 3rd party "booster" for the 980 motor
Does not suit LFP battery anyway, so no loss.

The Boost SR module increases the performance of the Tesla Model 3 SR+ with the 980 motor. The product does not work with LFP batteries