Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised the website was ever saying 2wks.

Compared to other cars at the moment, 7-9wks is a short wait.
The website wasn’t a delivery date on the email said the 28th but then they rang back because I am in NSW and the car was in the ACT and they couldn’t transfer the vehicle to Sydney even if I paid for the transfer, I offer to pick it up but they wouldn’t allow it because I don’t have an ACT address to register the car

The website wasn’t a delivery date on the email said the 28th but then they rang back because I am in NSW and the car was in the ACT and they couldn’t transfer the vehicle to Sydney even if I paid for the transfer, I offer to pick it up but they wouldn’t allow it because I don’t have an ACT address to register the car

Ah, the inflexible corporate beasts. Sydney delivery centre could have spoke to Canberra and registered the car in NSW, given you the plates and let your pickup from Canberra.

Yes. All Q4 built SR+ are unicorns. With regards your change in dates, this is happening for WA due to ship scheduling
My M3LR has a built date of 30/Sep/21 and the sales rep confirmed it is going to have latest range . Delivery is booked for 22/Nov/21 . To confirm this I want to check the battery in pre-delivery inspection .is there a way to do this ?

Thanks

From Brisbane here , I have ordered M3LR on 14-Oct-21 . Received a message to pick up the vehicle on 22-Nov-21. Do you have already have a VIN assigned?
Do you have a 2022 build or 2021? I ordered 1/10, have a vin (2021 year) delivery window of 27/11-10/12 but no delivery date. Only upgrade was the white seats. Mildly frustrating I haven’t got a 2022 build considering I haven’t even got a delivery date as of yet…

Do you have a 2022 build or 2021? I ordered 1/10, have a vin (2021 year) delivery window of 27/11-10/12 but no delivery date. Only upgrade was the white seats. Mildly frustrating I haven’t got a 2022 build considering I haven’t even got a delivery date as of yet…
As I understand it, this should be on the ship or already here. All Oct 21 builds should be the updated MY22 car. Your invoice should give you a build date. Mine is 31/10/21 so is the MY22 based on info I've been provided by a Tesla dealer (not the one I'm dealing with either, don't get me started on that!).
If you want a 2022 build, cancel and re-order. You'll get it in March they say! It'll cost you $150 for a 2022 build and someone else will drive yours. However, you'll probably get the unicorn if you get this one.

I ordered a Model 3 SR+ (red ext, black int) from existing inventory on 3 November 2021. I have a VIN, a build date of 1 November 2021 and a delivery date range in early December. The desciption on the invoice is "Model 3 Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive" with a 2021 model year.

I called the sales rep last week and asked about the battery capacity on this specific car and was told that it had the faster 0-100 spec as well as increased range. He didn't state what the range would be and didn't say whether or not it had the larger battery, but that sounds likely based on the discussion here.

As I understand it, this should be on the ship or already here. All Oct 21 builds should be the updated MY22 car. Your invoice should give you a build date. Mine is 31/10/21 so is the MY22 based on info I've been provided by a Tesla dealer (not the one I'm dealing with either, don't get me started on that!).
If you want a 2022 build, cancel and re-order. You'll get it in March they say! It'll cost you $150 for a 2022 build and someone else will drive yours. However, you'll probably get the unicorn if you get this one.
The October builds are MY21 in the vin.

Reactions: Rudra
This is my build with pickup 16/11/21 in New Zealand.
I have been told by Tesla that it is a unicorn model.
Model: Model 3 Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
Model Year: 2021
Colour: Midnight Silver Metallic
Title: NEW Compliance Date: 09/10/2021
VIN: LRW3F7FJ6MC38XXXX Build Date: 09/10/2021
Engine Number: Front: Rear:TG321267000AGR

Reactions: Rudra
Mine is a 2021 build. Sales rep told me anything that gets build from 1st Nov will go under 2022 build and will be delivered Feb-22 timeline.

Just another comment on this "new" slower MY22 Model 3. Its interesting that its quoted as being 0-100km in 6.1sec but in the UK the 0-60mph is 5.8sec. Thats quite a large 0.3secs more for the last 4kph. It will be very intersting to see what the performance figures turn out to be in reality. (BTW, same 6.1/5.8 for LFP Freemont cars in Canada/USA).

Just another comment on this "new" slower MY22 Model 3. Its interesting that its quoted as being 0-100km in 6.1sec but in the UK the 0-60mph is 5.8sec. Thats quite a large 0.3secs more for the last 4kph. It will be very intersting to see what the performance figures turn out to be in reality. (BTW, same 6.1/5.8 for LFP Freemont cars in Canada/USA).
100 Km/h = 62.13 Mph the additional 2 Mph is the reason for the difference.

Mine is LR so no unicorn. Are there any long range ‘unicorns’ with the bigger batteries? Obviously there is no motor change for the 22 so 0-100 is the same. I don’t care about the MY (it’s really build date that influences resale) but the longer range would be nice 🤞

Mine is LR so no unicorn. Are there any long range ‘unicorns’ with the bigger batteries? Obviously there is no motor change for the 22 so 0-100 is the same. I don’t care about the MY (it’s really build date that influences resale) but the longer range would be nice 🤞
I am getting an M3P. I've been told that all Oct build date units have the bigger battery (MY22 specs) and all the SR+ on the same shipment have the larger battery but the old 0-100. So ours should have the same "new" battery. I say "new" as I've seen comments since the first MY21 refresh that it comes with an 82kWh battery, despite Tesla saying it doesn't. Either way, it would be nice, but didn't influence my decision. I was going to buy second hand but the heat pump was the big thing for me, other updates also nice of course. I'd rather have a new one by Christmas, than one with a 22 build date in March. I assumed you were getting SR+ based on the post subject.
Of course, Vedaprime's comment above suggests the Dealer was telling porkies. Who knows? With Tesla it seems you can only trust what you can see and touch once it arrives. Until then it's theoretical?
I also read an article yesterday that some are landing in the US with missing USB ports. Anyone here experienced that yet?

I am getting an M3P. I've been told that all Oct build date units have the bigger battery (MY22 specs) and all the SR+ on the same shipment have the larger battery but the old 0-100. So ours should have the same "new" battery. I say "new" as I've seen comments since the first MY21 refresh that it comes with an 82kWh battery, despite Tesla saying it doesn't. Either way, it would be nice, but didn't influence my decision. I was going to buy second hand but the heat pump was the big thing for me, other updates also nice of course. I'd rather have a new one by Christmas, than one with a 22 build date in March. I assumed you were getting SR+ based on the post subject.
Of course, Vedaprime's comment above suggests the Dealer was telling porkies. Who knows? With Tesla it seems you can only trust what you can see and touch once it arrives. Until then it's theoretical?
I also read an article yesterday that some are landing in the US with missing USB ports. Anyone here experienced that yet?
Thanks for your insights. Enjoy your M3P I was so tempted, but it would have been a bit of a stretch. Those turbine wheels and red callipers look incredible.